Bruises on Stomach After TUBA?

I had my BA done through TUBA almost 3 months ago, and I still have two light colored bruises on my stomach right next to the track marks (I can still feel them). They don't hurt at all, but they are of brown color. My doc said that's weird but they "should" go away. Is this normal?

Bruises visible after 3 months

+1

I agree with the other surgeons here that the bruising you describe after three months is a bit unusual. I'd recommend you continue followup visits with your surgeon so he/she can monitor it. It may be beneficial to review all medications, vitamins and supplements you are taking to make sure that something isn't preventing faster recovery.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Bruises after TUBA

+1

It's very normal to experience some bruising initially after your surgery especially with TUBA where the bleeding tracks down to the abdomen from the tunneling. Most of the time, the bruising is resolved after 6 weeks. It's actually quite unusual to have bruising 3 months after surgery. Talk to your surgeon to see if there is any other remedies. If the tunnel was made on very thin woman then you may be experiencing bruising and discoloration from the tunneling too close to the skin. Without photos it's not possible to give specific recommendations.

Best Wishes,

TUBA and marks on abdomen

+1

A picture would have been very helpful but it  is not uncommon after a TUBA especially in a very thin person to see the outlline of the tunnels initially. At 3 months that is a bit unusual. It is a good idea to review this with your surgeon.

Track Marks and Bruising 3 Months After TUBA

+1

Track marks in very thin patients may respond over time to massage.  The bruising usually improves with time as the pigment is incrementally degraded and removed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Bruises on Stomach After TUBA

+1

Bruises after surgery are certainly not rare. Usually as the byproducts of the blood are reabsorbed the discoloration will fade away, and it can take some months. If still there at six months, discuss possible remedies with your surgeon.  These may include hydroquinone cream or laser therapy.

All the best.