Under Eye Bruising Still Present 7 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty

I am still bruised under my eyes after a septo/rhinoplasty with an osteotomy and tip graft. I had this procedure around 7.5 weeks ago, I'm still very dark under my eyes and the tip is very stiff. Is it possible to remain bruised forever? I'm not worried about the stiffness as much as the I am worried about being bruised forever. I heard that can happen.

Bruising Under Eyes 7 Weeks after Rhinolasty

+1

Your tip stiffness is secondary to normal swelling which will resolve. I've never seen the bruising be a permanent problem, but it may take up to 1 year for the color to improve.

Post rhinoplasty findings

+1

It is very unsual to stay bruised after rhinoplasty for so long. It may need some more time to resolve.  As for the stiffness in the tip this may take up to a year to resolve. This is usually normal.

Under eye bruising still present 7 weeks after septorhinoplasty

+1

This is a very rare complication and usually resolves over a few months but rarely can last for 9 months. Please seek additional advise from the surgeon or other opinions.

From MIAMI DR. B

Bruising after rhinoplasty lasts about two weeks.

+1

Hi.

I recommend that you see your plastic surgeon, because  seven weeks after a rhinoplasty,  whatever the problem is, it is not likely to be bruising.   Most patients have minimal bruising, and go back to school or work, after one week.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bruising after rhinoplasty takes 2-3 weeks to go away--usually.

+1

Sometimes it can take several months to go away. In 35 years and thousands of rhinoplasties, I have never seen it persist beyond 9 months.