Bruised Bridge After Rhinoplasty

12th Day after my rhinoplasty, I use tape and cast at night but since the first day of night cast I got a bruise on the sides of my bridge which I didnt have before and the skin in that area is a bit softer than the rest of my nose. I realized there is a slight bump and im concerned that what the doctor shaved off is coming back. I dont know if my night cast and taping method caused it..its hard as a bone, will it go with time? Thank you

Bruised Nasal Bridge

+1

The side of your bridge appears swollen; in your description,  it's not clear if this is soft or hard. I recommend not using the cast, which may put pressure on that area, until you see your surgeon.

Bruised Nasal Bridge 12 Days Atfer Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

See you rhinoplasty surgeon for examination and advice.  There is likely nothing to be done at this point.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Bruised and Swollen bridge after Rhinoplasty

+1

Most likely, you will not have return or recurrence of the bony hump. Generally speaking, Day 12 after rhinoplasty is too early to make a judgment. I would guess as the swelling goes down and the skin contracts, you will have an improvement. Please consult with your surgeon.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Swelling after nose job: Is your bump returning?

+1

It is still a bit early and if you had a prominent hump, it could be swelling in the loose skin or a small collection of blood. It is not likely that your bump will return.