Can a Bruised Bone Be Shaven Down on the Forehead?

When i was younger i fell off of a bed and hit my head, which formed a bump (on right side of forehead) that went away and came back later on in life. Ive been to some regular doctors that have said it was a bruised bone and that it will go away that it takes time, just not to think about it or ice it. However ive tried those things and its been countless years and its still here. I was wondering is there anything that can be done? Please get back to me and ThankYou for your time.

Filing down bony growths on the forehead

+2

Any bony growths that are obvious and showing through the forehead skin can be filed down through an incision in the hairline. This would be similar to a coronal approach and osteomas or any benign tumors of the bone, can be removed from this location. This is done under general anesthesia.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Bone irregularities

+1

Osteophytes can develop over areas of previous trauma. Thsese can often be shaved off in the operating room.

Bruised bone with bump.

+1

Having been there for years it is not going to go away. Xrays will  determine ;how thick it is and this can be shaved down permanently. We do this routinely for patients who want the orbital rims trimmed down.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.