Bruise on my nose would not go away, its been 4.5 months after my rhinoplasty surgery. Suggestions?

I got rhinoplasty done about 4.5 months ago, but there is still a red pinkish mark on the nose (the top of the bone) I am getting very concerned about the situation, any suggestions ?

Rhinoplasty

+1

My advice is to consult with your surgeon, at this point you shouldn't have any bruising. Without photos it makes it difficult to advise.  

Recovery following rhinoplasty

+1

Bruising on the dorsum is very common following rhinoplasties.

Most of my patients generally have any bruising completely resolved within 6 weeks. In some special cases it can take longer.

I am not sure why this is happening to you but at this stage you could start to massage the area on a daily base. I would also recommend to avoid any sun exposure until the bruising is completely gone.

Follow the advice of your plastic surgeon to optimise the outcome of your rhinoplasty.

Good luck.

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon