Bruise-like, Tightness and Pain 3 Inches Around Belly Button, 3 Months Post TT, Normal?

Hi, I had a tummy tuck three months ago. I feel the job was well done. However, I see what looks like a bruise around my navel. After I go out for exercise it is very dark and looks like a big square. This area still feels hard under my skin and it hurts when I move or stretch. Is this normal or should I see my ps about this? I called him and he said it was a circulatory issue, but that worries me. He is a four hour drive from me.. Thank you for any response to this strange question!

Send your PS photos first

+3

why don't you send you PS photos before going in to see if he can give you a better recommendation.  If your or him are still not satisfied then go see him.  The distance of four hours is not as  important.

"Bruise" around Belly Button After Tummy Tuck?

+3

It is not possible to give advice without direct examination or pictures.

However, based on your description, I would agree with your plastic surgeon that this is probably related to an area of poor perfusion (“circulatory issue”). For example, this may be an area of partial or complete fat necrosis ( wherein the subcutaneous tissues are being poorly perfused with blood flow). This process would fit your description.

Although not an emergency, it would behoove you to be seen by your plastic surgeon at some point in the near future.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Symptoms persist or appear at a time removed from initial surgery.

+2

A third of your cost for surgery if for post-op follow up.  Please see your doctor for any symptoms that don't seem right.  You have already paid for this service.  Your doctor does not want a complication spoiling the good result.  You don't want to suffer an untoward result because of the need for a 4 hour drive.  You have too much invested already.  

+2

It could be a fat necrosis issue or a bleeding issue. So what your surgeon is a distance away, you need to be seen to determine the cause and if ant treatment is necessary.