Bruise or Hematoma? (photo)

I am 6 days post op. Until now I have had no bruising just a yelowish tone under my breasts. This morning when I woke up, I have a very noticeable black bruise under my left breast. (I used my left had and arm for everything) The breast itself is not swollen, but underneath where the bruise is located it is quite swollen, almost like a knot. Is it possible to wake up with a briuse all of the sudden?

Bruising or hematoma?

+1
Greetings,
Your photo is dark and your symptoms are not dramatic.  Your "knot" in the area of bruising may represent a small hematoma.    Still, there is no substitute for being examined and  evaluated ASAP by your plastic surgeon for peace of mind.
Best Regards,
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after implants

+1
Because your breast looks similar in size to the other side, it is unlikely that you have a significant hematoma.  Congrats on your nice looking result.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
This is excessive and dramatic bruising I would want you to be throughly evaluated as soon as you can

Bruise or Hematoma?

+1

Though the posted photo's lighting is dark, I recommend IMMEDIATE visit to your PS. This is not a normal event. 

Bruise vs Hematoma

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

I do think you have a small hematoma.   Depending on how large it is on exam and how quickly it came about, you may need to have it evacuated.   I would contact your plastic surgeon for a quick in office evaluation.

I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Possible hematoma with bruising

+1

Usually, bruise goes from dark red/purple to yellow.  If you woke up with a noticeable dark bruise, you might have had another bleeding over night.   The area may have a small hematoma along with swelling.  You should go see your plastic surgeon to make sure that you do not have a hematoma or ongoing bleeding. 

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.