Bruise Developed Under my Eye After Belotero and Has Been There for 14 Days? (photo)

I had Belotero injected by my eye and all of the bruising has resolved with the exception of this spot. It has been there 14 days and wanted to know should I be concerned or does it just need more time to resolve. Thank you for your response.

Bruising after Belotero

+2

Although it is less common than with other thicker fillers, one can get bruising after Belotero.  It is also more likely to occur when injected in thin skin areas- like under the eyes.  It should resolve shortly, even though it has been persistent for 14 days.  Ways to reduce the risk of bruising in the future is avoiding blood thinner medications and herbal supplements such as aspirin and fish oil 5-7 days before the procedure as well as staying away from alcohol a day or two before.  Using ice during and after procedure can help and many patients also swear by Arnica tablets prior to the injections.

Bruisestick for facial filler bruising, including Belotero

+1

Our office recommends bruisestick ointment for bruising after injectable fillers, especially around the eyes. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACA

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bruise with Belotero

+1

Sometimes more severe bruising can take up to 3 weeks to resolve.  The remaining spot will probably go away within the next week or so.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Bruise lasting 14 days after Belotero?

+1

It appears to be just a typical bruise. Nothing particularity concerning.  You may try Arnica if you have not done so. Warm compresses may also help it to dissipate. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Bruise after Belotero

+1

While it does not happen all of the time, it is possible to get a bruise with any type of injection, including Belotero.  The area that gets bruised the most easily is under the eye.  It appears that you still have a bit of a yellowish-greenish hue surrounding the spot, so I would say that you just need to give it some more time for the bruise to resolve.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon