Should I Get a Browpexy Done at 33?

I am thinking of getting a Browpexy done. I had an upper eyelid surgery a year ago & have had Botox to make my eye bigger, but feel like Botox didn't really work. The eyelid surgery worked, but I want a little more to my eye. 2Day my PS suggested I get a Browpexy? I want to make my eyes look a little bigger but still very subtle. I don't want 2 look like a deer in headlights & I'm too young for a brow lift so would U suggest I get this at 33? What are the risks? Will this help? Does it last?

The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Browlift Works Well For Raising Fallen Eyebrows

+1

Analogous to the technique for performing the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift and the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift, the lateral eyebrows can be lifted, using a volumizing filler, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. The principle for this approach is exactly that of the other two procedures, i.e. to reverse the downward deflationary vectoring of the aging aging (the sagging) brow with an upward and outward flare to the brow. The injection technique is quite simple and takes on a couple of minutes to perform on each side. The procedure takes only minutes to perform and yields results that are both immediate and longer term (improve over the next six to eight weeks) as neocollagenesis (new collagen formation) occurs where the volumizer was injected that leads to further retraction and benefit. Owing to its simplicity and lack of downtime, this treatment makes an excellent nonsurgical browlift option for people of any age. 

Brow Pexy at 33?

+1

This question is very difficult to answer without pictures and an exam.  Browpexy or lift does not have to produce dramatic results.  Subtle results can be obtained as well.

Browlift in a young Person

+1
If there is a facial rejuvenation surgery that is over-recommended and often overdone these days, it is without question the browlift. Look no further than the celebrity photo magazines for pictures of stars who look like they have just sat down on a plate of tacks. The goal of aesthetic plastic surgery should be to make a person look better and more youthful, not merely different, and certainly not as though one is perpetually surprised. My goal is to provide my patients with results which appear natural, and an unnatural-appearing brow is a dead giveaway that a person has had facial plastic surgery.
I rarely see a patient that has such significant brow descent that I recommend elevation of the entire brow. However, I frequently see browlift patients for whom conservative elevation of the lateral brow produces a more rested, bright, and even elegant appearance. This is very easily simulated with gentle upward traction on the skin of the lateral forehead – if you feel that this may apply to you then try it in the mirror and the improvement will be quite obvious.
A youthful, feminine brow rests above the level of the orbital rim, which is the upper margin of the bony socket in which the eye resides. An aesthetically pleasing brow is somewhat arched laterally, and the lateral end or "tail" of the brow is higher than the medial end. It is quite common for the female brow to assume an essentially flat or horizontal orientation as a person ages.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Browpexy

+1

Age does not determine the necessity for this procedure. If your lateral brow is low then you will benefit from a subtle raise. A physical exam is necessary

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Browpexy or browlift at age 33

+1

It is impossible to give any determination about browpexy or brow lift without looking at the height of the brow position.  It is also important to look at the dynamic forehead muscles of expression to determine what the preexisting issues are.  Remember that there are multiple muscles in the forehead, both elevators and depressors of the brows, and these may need to be adjusted as well.  A simple browpexy may be only a temporary solution.

Browpexy can be done at age 33.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure without seeing you, but you may benefit by a lateral subcutaneous brow lift.

The result is subtle and long lasting.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Please post photos

+1

As mentioned by other surgeons, what is most important is your anatomy, not your age. If you want your eyes larger, ptosis repair might be your best option, as opposed to a browpexy or browlift.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Browpexy Done at 33?

+1

Everything is going to depend on your examination.  If you want to make your eyes look bigger, brow surgery may or may not be the answer.  Perhaps you need a ptosis repair, which is a surgery that actually opens your eyelids more.  Perhaps you do need a brow lift, but the exact method of brow lift needs to be determined.  If you are unsure about the procedure, you should get a second opinion.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browpexy at age 33

+1

Photos would help but your age is not a factor. Low brows make you look scowling, angry, etc. The key is to have primarily an elevation of the outer half of the brow which avoids the surprised look. The specific technique will depend on your anatomy and the PS's preferences. Seek several opinions.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browpexy

+1

There isn't always a set chronological age when you should or shouldn't have a procedure done.  It all depends on the current situation and what you are looking to achieve.  An in-person consultation is indicated to discuss the best solution option.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD