Implants or Not with Breast Lift? (photo)

I am a 34 DD-DDD. Love my size but hate the lack of fullness. Looking at pictures I am not sure I will be happy with just a lift. I have a friend that has similar breasts and she had implants with the donut procedure. Loved hers but dont know the dr who performed her surgery (who is in ohio) and I no longer live in ohio so i am searching for the right Dr. who I feel comfortable with. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Breast lift with or without implants

+2

Thank you for submitting your photos.  I definitely would advise against breast augmentation because you have plenty of volume.  If you simply want to make them "perkier", a breast lift would certainly accomplish that.  That being said, I would advise against trying to this via circumareaolar lift because given the weight and volume of your breasts, you are at greater risk of having these scars stretch and become unsightly.

Candidate for a breast lift without the use of implants

+2

You would be a good candidate for a breast lift without the use of implants.  If your breasts were a deflated sack of skin then there would be no choice but you have plenty of volume. A vertical mastopexy with with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation will take some of the breast tissue that is below the crease and use it to give you some increased upper pole fullness along with an inferior internal bra repair to give you better lower pole support.  

Breast Lift without Implants

+2

You have plenty of breast volume and should do well with a breast lift alone. By lifting and tightening your loose skin, you will almost feel like you have implants based on the improved upper pole fullness that will result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast Lift or Lift with Augmentation?

+2

You actually have plenty of fullness, it's just that your breasts have sagged.  In my experience working with patients in a situation similar to yours, my guess is that you would be satisfied with a breast lift alone.  A well-performed mastopexy will lift your fullness back into a more youthful, attractive position. 

Since you are a DD or DDD cup already and you are experiencing fairly significant droop, you should know that adding an implant will accelerate the tendency toward sagging in the future.  Your skin will lose some elasticity over time, and the more weight in your breasts, the sooner they will head southward again.   Arrange at least a couple of consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and hear what they have to say.  With the benefit of an in-person exam, they should be able to give you meaningful advice.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Breast implants with or without a lift (mastopexy)

+2

If patients say that they are pleased with their size, then I do not encourage an implant.  An implant will only augment or increase the breast size.  When you have enough natural volume, then a breast lift usually suffices.  In fact sometimes, patients are candidates for a vertical breast lift with less scarring if their skin is of good quality.  But it is best to have a formal consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck!

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Implants or Not with Breast Lift?

+1

Dear JLynn,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Thank you also for the pencil under the crease!  This helps to decide what kind of lift you need.  You will not do well with a 'donut' lift.  You need a vertical (lollipop) or anchor type lift.  I do not think you need an implant as you have good amount of tissue in the upper pole, it just looks steched out with how long the breasts are.

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Breast Lift with Implants

+1

You appear to have a good amount of breast volume, so I do not recommend implants.  I believe you could have a lovely result with a Breast lift.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Lift with or without Implants?

+1

You definitely possess enough breast volume to produce "fullness" with a lift alone. I would advise against the periareola lift and much prefer the vertical or lollipop lift for best results. However, if you are hoping for the exaggerated pushed up bra look an implant may actually be needed as well.

David A. Ross, MD

Breast lift with or without implants.

+1

You mentioned that you like your size, just not the appearance. You are an ideal candidate for a breast lift alone! Lifting your existing tissue will place it in a higher, more desirable position without the need to increase size with an implant. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Implants or Not with Breast Lift?

+1

If you like your appearance in a bra, you probably should consider a lift alone. If in a bra you feel that you are too small, then consider adding implants and a lift. Either way, you will not be a good candidate for a donut lift, but will need at least a vertical (lollipop) lift. Your areolas need to be lifted more than the 2 cm or so that can be accomplished with a donut lift.  

Best advice will come during an in person consultation. All the best.