Best Laser for Hyperpigmented Acne Scars?

I am 48 years old and have brown spots on my face because of acne (from when I was younger and from random pimples I get once in a while). When exposed to the sun, the spots become much darker. I put sunscreen, but nothing works. I am ready to do laser treatment to remove the brown spots, but do not know which laser treatment is the best for my case. I also have very dark skin naturally. Please help!

Laser for hyperpigmented acne scars.

+1

Given your skin tone and the relative resistance of post-inflammatory pigmentation to laser therapy, I would suggest one or more of the following: topical application of tretinoin cream (retin-a), a "bleaching" agent such as hydroquinone, a mild topical cortisone cream (2 weeks only) and maybe a series of light chemical peels such as Jessner or salicylic acid.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist