Scar Revision on Brown Skin?

I want to have a scar revision done to my forehead that was due to an injury. There were stitchings but you can still see the wound scars. My skin is brown; will this have any effect on the procedure?

Scar on forehead

+2

No surgery is magic surgery so you will always have a scar. The key thing however is that this scar should be a fine line and should blend in with the other lines on your forehead. In darker skin, the line can be dark brown but this can be lightened with topical creams as you heal. You should not have railroad track marks on your forehead. That means the stitches were not removed in time. In that case, I would consider scar revision surgery.

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon