Brown Patch on Skin After Rhinoplasty

Hi I recently had rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago and had a hump removed on the bridge of my nose. Can you tell me why there is now a brown patch on my skin where the surgeon has rasped the bone. Is this permanent? Thanks to the PS's in advance for replying it's much appreciated you giving up your time on here to help worried rhino patients.

Brown patch on nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

The brown patch, on the skin of your nose, after your Rhinoplasty is most likely the result of a bruise within the nasal tissue where your bump was rasped. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Brown Spots after Rhinoplasty

+1

These brown spots do generally dissipate over time. The breakdown of hemoglobin from blood leads to hemosiderin and other byproducts. Bruises often start red, then turn purple, brown, green and yellow then disappear. Hopefully, this will be the case for you.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brown patch

+1

Dr. L is on the money. but remember if it doesn't go away it needs to be looked at by your doctor. good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Brown Patch on Skin After Rhinoplasty

+1

The brown spot is from blood staining of the soft tissue and it is the result of the breakdown of hemoglobin into hemosiderin .It will take several weeks to dissipate.