I Have a Brown Hard Bump on the Top Lip, Should I Be Concerned?

I have a brown hard bump on the top lip, I was not like that before, it was redish almost like a pimple but I dont know if it was a pimple or a coldsore. I tryed popling it it bled and not is brown and hard almost like a mole but I know its not a mole. what do I do and is it bad?

See your dermatologist

+1

Anything that lasts more than 2 weeks should be examined by a board certified dermatologist, especially if its bleeds.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

A bleeding, changing spot needs an examination by a dermatologist

+1

Please consult a board-certified dermatologist for a definitive diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible.  It may be a benign lesion such as a wart or seborrheic keratosis or it may be something more serious.  Such a diagnosis should not be made on the internet.  It definitely needs an examination.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Is a large brown bump on the lip bad?

+1

Maybe.

The only way to know is to biopsy the lesion. Although we write a lot about beauty in this space, dermatology and skin disease is an important aspect of being a physician. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist and getting a biopsy if anything is changing. Chances are pretty good that it will turn out to be nothing but in the event that it is a skin cancer, you are better to get it diagnosed early

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon