Brown Bumps on Thighs and Arms?

They are on my thighs and upper arms, but they r only bumpy on my arms. Its mostly smooth on my thighs. Im really freaked out.

No cause for alarm...what are you

+1

sounds like a simple condition known as keratosis pilaris...it's genetic and unlikely to completely go away...lots of treatments that work a bit...anything from a loofah sponge to a clarsonic brush...and of course a topical cream...anywhere from a moisturizer like CeraVe to one containing lactic acid or similar compound or even a Rx like generic Retin-A known as tretinion or it's more expensive name brand relatives...probably came from your parents...either side especially if there's asthma or allergies or eczema in the family...and not uncommonly will pass to your children...but it's no big deal in the long run...

Bumps on thighs and arms

+1

Please consult a dermatologist to make a definite diagnosis.  You may have keratosis pilaris which is a clogging of the hair follicles.  Tretinoin cream or lactic acid lotion can help unclog and smooth the skin, but there is no cure so maintenance is required.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Possibly keratosis pilaris

+1

From the description and the distribution, it is possible you have keratosis pilaris.  This is a common variant of normal skin found in close to 20% of the world population.  I usually recommend patients see which of their parents have it  - it is usually genetic.

Treatment involves use of alpha-hydroxy acid moisturizers and/or tretinoin to help smooth the skin bumps.  You will need to have the diagnosis made by your MD to be sure you have keratosis pilaris first.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon