Can a Browlift Stretch the Forehead Skin to Minimize Acne Scarring Not Helped by Prior Laser Treatments and Dermabrasion??

I am 45 with no sun damage to my skin, however I have bad acne scars on my forehead. I have had dermabrasion when I was 25, followed by two CO2 laser treatments, and 4 Fraxel laser treatments. I have also had Deep FX. None of these worked for my forehead acne and in fact I do believe over time simply modified the scars by softening the sharp edges, while making my skin look the texture of cottage cheese in that it is severely dimpled all over from the various lasers.

Brow lift for acne scars

+1

The subcutaneous brow lift could help stretch the skin and make the acne scars look better, but that skin will lose it tightness over time and the results will likely not be for about a year, a maximum of up to maybe up to three.

Brow lift for acne

+1

It is unlikely that a brow lift will significantly improve your acne scars.  Fat grafting is sometimes helpful for depressed acne scars.

Sam Naficy, MD

Browlift to Minimize Forehead Acne Scarring

+1

If your brows are ptotic (sagging) have a brow lift which will improve your eyebrow position and improve the appearance of your eyebrow eyelid complex. You may improve the surface of your skin, but this can be temporary. A brow lift is not an operation to improve your skin.

Browlift for acne scars

+1
A browlift should be done for fixing brow ptosis. As a facelift is done for facial ptosis and neck ptosis. With this said, we do see improvement of the skin and acne scarring in facelift patients. When the undermining for the procedure is done the skin and underlying tissues are dissected and we do see an improvement in acne scarring. With a browlift we do not remove the skin very often. In some cases where a coronal lift is required due to the brow ridge needing reduction then skin is removed. In the old days of coronal lifts we removed the skin causing some tightening. However with the invent of the endoscopic lift and not wanting to unnaturally elevate the brows this procedure would not be recommended in helping with acne scarring alone.

Michael Elam, MD

Doubtful

+1

Brow and forehead lifting can improve the facial appearance in appropriate patients by elevating the sub-brow fat, decreasing forehead lines and the lines in between the brows, and reducing "crows feet." The surface of the skin and the deeper layers of the skin that are affected by acne scarring do not typically improve with this type of lift. A variety of laser and non-ablative (non-laser) treatments are available to improve acne scarring.

Evan Black, MD
Detroit Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

No, a Brow Lift won't stretch the forehead skin like a Face Lift does the facial skin.  While the latter is used to decrease the depth of facial acne scars, a Brow Lift won't do the same to the forehead.  From what you've listed, it seems that the forehead skin has allready been treated aggressively.  It may be time to look at other aesthetic ways to make the acne scars appear less noticeable by following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  

No

+1

A brow lift is to lift the brows and reduce the dynamic lines along the forehead.  This technique will not help with the acne once the swelling resolves.  Also if a brow lift is done for this reason it may put you brows in a undesirable position.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Browlift and acne scar.

+1

This question can't be answered unless you have an in office examination.  As a board-certified Facial Plastic surgery office, we perform innovative surgical and non-surgical treatments for acne scarring and forehead rejuvenation.  Theoretically, a coronal (older type of forehead lift) could tighten the forehead skin.  We don't do this that much nowadays since the advent of endoscopic and Invisiline(tm) browlifts.  Also, fractionated CO2 lasers work very well even for recalcitrant forehead scarring.  

All the best.

David Alessi, MD