Is a Browlift Permanent?

Is a browlift permanent or is it something you have to have redone after a number of years to maintain results?

Brow Lift Longevity

+1

Brow lift has excellent longevity in results for the appropriate patients. Even as you age, you will continue to look better than if you did not have the surgery. The results for most patients can exceed 15-20 years. The key is patient selection as the procedure is not necessarily for everyone. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.

Brow Lift Longevity

+1

Yes, results are permanent in that you will always look better after your successful  brow lift at any point in the future vs not having the procedure. The analogy I like using is; turning back the hands of time with aesthetic surgery. It would be nice if the clock stopped but it keeps on ticking. An experienced surgeon, and different techniques can turn back your aging process in a natural manner a bit more than others and allow the clock perhaps to tick a bit slower. Brow lifts in general have significant longevity and request for secondary lifting is less than the lower face.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Is a Brow Lift Permanent?

+1

A well done brow lift is permanent. Even  you will continue to age, you will a;ways look better than you would if you did not have the the forehead lift.  Having said that, I have patients that I did 25 years ago that have not needed additional work but they may in the future.

+1

Nothing lasts forver and this includes Brow Lifts.  The Coronal Brow Lift is the gold standard of Brow Lifts and IMHO lasts the longest at 10-20 years while other methods, that do not remove scalp last significantly less.

Some browlifts are more "permanent" than others.

+1

Hairline browlifts, and other browlifts that actually remove tissue are much more long lasting than endoscopic browlifts. But although a lift can raise the eyebrow substantially, it doesn't stop the aging process, which also includes the deflation of the brow fat.

A good lift should last you a long long time, and probably won't need another one in this lifetime:)

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is a Browlift Permanent?

+1

Surgery can't stop the effects of aging and gravity. But the rejuvenation of the open browlift can last for decades. I have been doing them that way for 30 years and have only seen three patients that wanted and needid it redone.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

No procedure is permanent

+1

Even though surgery gives the best and long lasting results when performed by a good surgeon, no surgery is permanent and over time gravity and the lose of skin elasticity will recreate the condition originally treated. On average a good brow lift should last around 7 to 10 years. Many surgeons are moving away from endoscopic brow lifts since they do not seem to stand the test of time.

Good Luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Browlift and bone drilling vs. the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift.

+1

It depends on what type of brow lift is done. Over the past 35 years i have seen endoscopic forehead lifts that did not produce the same result or longevity as the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead lift. Of course you have to see a surgeon with a great deal of experience to discuss your hairline position as well. I feel good forehead lifts are only done once and hold up over 30 years later.

Permanent result of brow lift.

+1

The result of a brow lift should be permanent but certain techniques lessen this potential. Of couse the proper technique done by individual surgeons vary and no guarantee of the longevity of a result is given by most surgeons. The expectations should be similar to those of a facelift in that the aging process continues and some degree of improvement is lost with time. There should always be a better look than if you did not have it done. In my experience, a good result of a brow lift that is seen afte one year would outlast the result of a facelift done at the same time.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nothing is permanent except death and taxes,but

+1

The brow lift holds up very well over time.  If a good release with good brow fixation you will get 10 to 15 years plus.  The other areas will look much more aged over time.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD