Can a Browlift Minimize the Appearance of Forehead Veins?

I have thin skin, little fat, and large puffy blue veins on my forehead not attractive to say the least. Would a browlift improve the appearance of these veins? When I pull the skin tighter with my hands, they improve. . .but I'm not sure that's a realistic way of looking at this procedure.

Veins will not improve with a brow lift

+1

What can be done to improve veins are fat grafting as well as direct ligation of the offending veins

Browlift to Minimize Forehead Veins

+1

A browlift will not change the appearance of obvious forehead veins. You are manually collapsing the veins when you  manipulate the forehead, but this will not happen with surgery.

Will Brow Lift reduce appearance of Forehead veins?

+1

No, the Brow Lift is performed for the elevation of the eyebrows to a more aesthetic position and the tissue dissection is at a level below that which the veins are located and as such will have no impact on their appearance.  When you manipulate the forehead skin, you're simply pushing the blood out of the thin walled veins making the look better but the Brow lift doesn't work that way.

Forehead Lift

+1

No, a forehead lift will not likely reduce the appearance of large forehead veins.  The reason you are seeing an improvement with manually elevating the brow is that your are most likely compressing the veins with this maneuver.  Visible veins are the result of skin thinning and loss of subcutaneous fat.  A brow lift will do little to improve your condition.  Sorry.......

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon