If One Wants to Have a Brow Lift, How Long Does One Have to Stay off Botox?

I've been getting forehead Botox. Also, the nurse has been elevating one of the eyebrows with Botox, which droops more than the other. I would imagine the doctor needs to have untreated skin and muscles in order to do a browlift. Would six months do it?

Discontinuing Botox before browlift

+2

It is important for the surgeon to analyze sole muscular strength of the corrugators, posterius, and frontalis prior to surgically adjusting those muscles. It is probably best to be off of Botox for five months so that a determination can be made as to what percentage to soften those muscles prior to the browlift.

Botox and browlift

+1

Yes, six months after your last Botox treatment would be a great time to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon for a brow lift. In my practice I recommend four to six months. This would allow you to regain movement in those areas so you may be accurately assessed.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Browlift and Botox

+1

If you want a browlift and are using Botox, I would let the Botox wear off so that the surgeon can see what needs to be treated.  Six months is probably the right amount of time.

Browlift after Botox

+1

Many patients find the longer they have been using Botox the longer it can last, so the amount of time to have the effects wear off can vary from patient to patient. If you are having a brow lift or upper eyelid procedure, you might want to consider a resection of the corrugator muscle for a permanent correction of the frown lines.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Often we will inject BOTOX prior to a surgical brow lift

+1

You should have the surgeon examine your brows when they are back in their natural position to determine the lift before surgery. But, after that is determined, often we will inject BOTOX prior to a surgical brow lift because it relaxes the muscles and allows them to heal in a higher position.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox before Brow Lift

+1

The effects of Botox injections ususally lasts about 3 months. You should be able to answer your question on the basis of personal experience with the medication. Athough I don't agree, some physicians administer Botox just before brow lift surgery.I would schedule surgery 3-4 months after the last Botox treatment.

Browlift and Botox

+1

Based on my experience, two to three months post-injection would certainly be adequate. While it is true many patients have some effect of Botox up to six months, this is usually minimal and unless you don't have photographs which show the pre-treatment position of the brow, your surgeon most likely would be able to adjust for the asymmetry.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Botox Cosmetic and Brow Lift Surgery

+1

After Botox Cosmetic, waiting three months is appropriate before proceeding with cosmetic eyebrow lift. The forehead and eyebrow should be in its natural position and shape, unaltered by Botox, for appropriate evaluation by the plastic surgeon. However, the waiting time may be shorter or longer based on several factors. Only after speaking with an eyebrow plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+1

It is best to wait a few months after your last injection.  Botox can last up to 12 weeks.  My recommendation is to wait at least for 3 months after your last botox injection. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

A brow lift - stay off Botox

+1

At least a 3 month no Botox treatment after FULL return of muscular forehead muscle function. I have waited 6 months in some cases.

From MIAMI Dr. B