Brow Lift for a Young Patient

I'm 18 years old. But it seems as if my right eyebrow has "fallen" or drooped, and the eyelid has become "puffy". What kind of procedure would be needed to correct the "puffy" eyelids and the eyebrow? Could a brow lift help? I'd rather have the front of my brows lifted, not the tail end, which would create a softer, nice look instead of a curious stern look. Help!

Brow lift in an 18 year old

+2

Before saying you would not benefit from a brow lift, I would visit with a board certified surgeon and get an opinion on what your best option would be. It would be unusual for an 18 year old to need a brow lift, but not un heard of.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift in a Young Patient

+2

Brow ptosis (sagging) in an 18 year old is usually an inherited characteristic, not due to aging, and can be improved with brow elevation. If you believe the brow position has changed during your teens, a careful physical examination should be done. The procedure is modified to achieve the desired brow shape. 

Lifting the Fallen Eyebrow

+2

Brow lifts are done for sagging eyebrows with accentuation of upper lid skin excess and transverse forehead lines and creases which are seen in older individuals NOT in 18 year olds. A sudden drooping eyebrow is related to a brain/nerve disorder and needs to be worked up as is a sudden swelling of the eyelid. I would recommend you see an eye doctor or a neurologist ASAP.

Browlift OK in an 18 year old?

+1
Hard to say without photos. Usually a browlift is not indicated in someone your age. If you do have the issues that your describe, it may be worth checking out. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. He/she will see you with muscle movement. Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Puffy eyelid in 18 year old

+1

18 year olds do not get browlifts unless there is a congential anomaly or a facial nerve injury.  Without an exam I can not suggest what could be wrong and why ou get a puffy eye.

Brow lift is not treatment for puffy eyelids

+1

A browlift is typically performed to raise the entire forehead, not just one eyebrow. One eyebrow itself can be raised slightly more than the opposite eyebrow, but in general the whole forehead is lifted. Puffiness around the eyes is not treated with browlifting surgery, but is treated with blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery.

Uneven brows

+1

I concur and agree that a browlift is not intended for an 18 year old. Occasionally the appearance of uneven brows can be attributed to uneven facial and skull bones (this is called a plagiocephaly) which is present at birth or aggravated by certain head positions while sleeping. Botox can be used to create a subtle chemical brow lift but would not be used in an 18 year old for cosmetic cases.

No brow lift for 18 year old.

+1

Hi.

If one of your eyelids has become suddenly puffy, see an ophthalmologist. This sounds like a medical problem that requires diagnosis. You do not need a brow lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)