Can a Browlift Be Used to Correct a High Forehead?

I'm a 20 year old female with a high forehead and a widow's peak that gives the impression of a receding hairline. Taking my age into account and the fact that I am not interested in a browlift for anti-aging effects, would a forehead lift to correct my hairline be possible without giving me a bug eyed appearance?

High forehead

+2

If you have adequate scalp laxity the hairline can be surgucally lowered and the widow's peak removed so that you will have a rounder hairline. The brows are not elevated with this operation when it is done only to reduce the high forehead. This is the operation I most frquently perform.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift is less effective to correct a High Forehead

+2

You need an operation to lower your hairline rather than lift your eyebrows. This will give you a natural looking result. Lifting the eyebrow will not. Not many Plastic Surgeons perform this operation. So the key is to find one who does.

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Hairline Advancement for High Forehead

+2
Actually what you are talking about is a surgical hairline advancement (SHA)procedure- which can if desired / indicated be performed with a browlift. However, it is likely that you only need the SHA, which essentially moves forward the entire frontal hairline a distance of anywhere from ½ an inch to as much as 1 ½ inches, depending on the elasticity of your forehead and your goals. There are very few surgeons who perform this procedure- me being one of them- so I strongly suggest you do your homework in learning about this procedure. It is also possible to advance the hairline with hair grafting.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline

+1

If your hairline is your primary concern, then a subtle forehead lift using hairline incisions, such as a design with incisions on each side of your upper hairline, might be the right option. You should specifically ask about this option when you meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Browlift for a high hairline

+1

The hairline can be lowered by using browlift techniques.  The incision is just right at the hairline and this typically heals very nicely. 

Douglas Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

High forehead correction

+1

To correct a high forehead, sometimes a reverse brow lift can be performed but it will leave a scar along the anterior hariline.

Correcting a high forehead

+1

AS described below, the surgery essentially consists of excsing the upper forehead just in front of the scalp line and then advancing the hairline foreward to give the appearance of a lower set forehead.  We call this a pretrichal forehead lift.This is often best accomplished with a zig-zag incision to conceal the incision.

Correcting a High Forehead

+1

Many years ago we developed a technique to lower the hairline with or without changing brow position. Through a hairline incision, the scalp is mobilized and moved inferiorly with excision of the appropriate amount of forehead  skin. Hair will grow through and in front of the hairline incision, giving the patient total freedom of hair styling. Because hair density is normal and uniform, results are better than what can be achieved with hair transplantation. 

Brow lift can correct a high forehead

+1

While a brow lift can be used to correct a high hairline, the trade off is having an incision at the hairline. Non-hair bearing skin would be removed during your brow lift to shift the hairline forward and downward. The patient must have low eyebrows and a high hairline combination to undergo this procedure.  

Trichophytic browlift will lower the hairline but might excessively raise your brow position

+1

Dear Jenifer - I agree with my colleagues that hair transplantation might be your best option. If your hairline was high AND your brow position was low a trichophytic browlift would be the perfect option. However, with your normal brow position this might result in excessive elevation of your brow. I disagree with the comments regarding scarring. A properly performed trichophytic browlift with the scar placed at the hairline should not be visible.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon