Browlift or Blepharoplasty for Droopy Asian Eyes?

I'm a 33 yr old Chinese woman and born with droopy eyes. I've always looked fatigued due to the skin on my eyes and I'm considering to have my eyes enchance.

However, I can't decide if Browlift or Blepharoplasty is the right choice for me. I just want to look fresh and lively. Please help.

Brow lift vs. eyelid surgery

+2

You have to look at the level of the brow and the relative space between your brow and the eyelid and pupil. It seems as if your brows are in reasonable position. This would suggest that a brow lift would not be appropriate. You then need to assess the eyelids which are not clear enough in this picture. However, if you do not have a crisp upper lid fold or iti s covered by hanging skin, this suggests that an eyelid procedure might be appropriate.

Blepharoplasty is preferred over browlift

+2

Based on the one photo you submitted, I believe you will get more improvement from a blepharoplasty than a brow lift. A brow lift, will "lift" the eyebrows and it appears to me that your brow position is satisfactory.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

You need Blepharoplasty

+2

You have high eyebrow and do not need browlift. You would need blepharoplasty to reomve the fatty tissue from upper eyelid and also to create upper eyelid crease.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

You will benefit from upper eyelid surgery

+2

Dear SYing

You do not have a defined upper eyelid fold. A carefully performed Asian double fold surgery will help define the eyes. It is important that plenty of fold be left otherwise your doctor will effectively Westernize your eyes and it is impossible to fix that. Currently you all ready carry your eyebrowns at a very high position to compensate the for the upper eyelid heaviness. So brow surgery will do very little for your.

Blepharoplasty vs. Browlift

+2

Hi SYing,

It looks like your brows are in a natural esthetically pleasing location. For that reason I would suggest a blepharoplasty rather than a brow lift. From your photo it appears that you would benefit from a conservative excision of skin, little or no fat removal and a supratarsal fixation to form a natural crease (double eyelid). Hope this is helpful

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery works very well for this problem

+2

Your brows are in good position so I would not advise additional lifting. A good choice for you would be an upper lid Blepharoplasty with particular attention to the crease formation.

Good Luck.

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift vs Blepharoplasty for Asian Eyes

+1

This is a relatively easy question to answer. Because your brows are in a youthful position, an upper blepharoplasty would be the procedure for you. Asian upper blepharoplasty often requires particular expertise regarding creating and maintaining a crisp upper lid crease that most patients desire. For that purpose always seek an expert with significant experience- I would start by finding a board certified Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Blepharoplasty for droopy Asian eyes

+1
  • A browlift serves to increase the distance between the eyelashes and eyebrows. According to your photo a browlift would not be appropriate as your eyebrows are adequately spaced and positioned from your eyelashes.
  • Upper blepharoplasty surgery would be a better choice. A small strip of muscle would be removed to define the eyelid crease and deepen the fold. Excess skin and fat would be removed to further enhance the eyes. Existing asymmetries of the eyes should be noted to try and adjust those at the time of surgery.

Brow Lift or Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty

+1

Your brows appear to be in good position. Relying on the picture submitted, I recommend removal of excess fat of the upper eyelids, and then raise or establish an upper eyelid crease. This can be done without true Westernization of the lids.