Browlift and Mid Facelift with Possible Chin Implant- when Can I Return to Work and Look Ok?

I am a healthy 40 yo with a lot of mid face laxity and some early signs of a turkey gobble, plus some forehead wrinkling and lowering. I do botox lifts for my forehead currently and while they work well, I am tired of constantly having to go in for retouches (this includes for injectables too- they don't lift). The doctor says I can go back to work and look presentable in a week to 10 days, but I fear he is being overconfident. When can i really go back w/o looking like something is off?

Plan 2- 3 week recovery after full face lift 6 weeks before important social event

+3

Thank you for your question.  In my experience a complete face and neck lift usually causes some bruising at least in the neck and sometimes swelling in the face.  Although I expect that you will feel well in a week I doubt that you will be looking normal enough to feel comfortable being seen by friends and work associates. 

I recommend 2-3 weeks before returning to work after a full face and neck lift and I tell my patients not to plan important social events or photography sessions for at least 6 weeks after surgery.

Healing time after surgery

+1

Generally after surgery patients are back to work in 2 weeks. We want you to be properly healed and not rushing back. Always recommended to follow your surgeons advise. Find a terrific Dr that can deliver the best results and you will be back to work in no time. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

+1

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your question.  That depends on what you mean by look 'ok'.  Most of your swelling resolves by a week or so, but you still have some swelling, and you may still have some bruising.  This is covered with makeup as much as possible.  Two weeks is probably more presentable.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Returning To Work After Cosmetic Procedures

+1

If you do all the surgeries at one time it would be best to take about two weeks off to recover.  Though you may still have some swelling, which can take up to a few months to fully resolve, you will be able to work with it not being overly noticeable. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Returning to work after brow lift and mid facelift

+1

You are correct, injectables will generally not result in a "lift." They will add volume and reduce the signs of aging. Your doctor's estimate is accurate. I usually tell my patients to return to work when they are ready following a 10 day post-operative period, and the generally acceptable timeframe is around two weeks. This can vary slightly depending on how the patient heals and how invasive the procedure was. Any residual bruising at this point can usually be covered up. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your procedure.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Facial Plastic Surgery Recovery

+1

The extent of your surgery will affect how much time you need to recover. Most of my facelift patients are able to return to work in about 2 weeks, and some wear makeup to camouflage any discoloration. I would plan for 2 weeks just to be safe. Good luck!

Thomas McNemar, MD, FACS
San Ramon Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks off for a browlift, midface lift and chin implant

+1

Your surgeon is right, usually about 10 days are needed to recover from this surgery. However, a midface lift can result in some persistent swelling, so I would stay off 2 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift recovery

+1

In my past, I have said to patients that 7-10 recovery is normal. When you get to that point, then you and your surgeon can decide on your return to work. Take it easy for a while after surgery. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from brow lift and mid face lift

+1

Thank you for your question about how fast you will recovery from a mid-face lift, brow lift and chin implant.

• Most people are back to work 1 week after a chin implant, 10-15 days for a brow lift.
  • A mid-face lift takes at least 2 weeks. Even then you are likely to need make-up to cover some bruising and an explanation for swelling. 
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Healing time after facelift

+1

A good rule of thumb is that approximately 70-80% of the bruising and swelling will go away in the first 2 - 3 weeks.  The remaining 20 - 30% will resolve over many months.  This is a general statment and you may heal quicker or slower.  In general, the more time you can take off work  to heal, the better of you are.  I think 14 days may be the best case scenario.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon