Is a Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery Right for Me? (photo)

I have a really low brow and saggy eyelids (thanks heredity!). Several members of my family have already gotten eyelid surgery to deal with the droopiness of their eyes (most of them in their 50's). I'm only 28 but have already started getting deep forehead wrinkles from holding my brow/eyelids up. Due to my straight and low brow, people always ask me if I'm angry, upset or tired. Is a brow lift and eyelid tuck right for me?

Brow Lift and Possible Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

A brow lift and possible upper eyelid surgery may be appropriate in this situation.  Only an exam can determine if the upper eyelid surgery will be necessary.

Brow Lift

+1

It sounds like you may need a combination endoscopic brow lift/upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  You may also need correction of any underlying upper eyelid ptosis.  This would be determined during an in depth pre-operative evaluation with options being presented to you at that time.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift to treat ptotic eyebrows

+1

Your brows are quite low and a brow lift would help to improve your brow shape and position.  Most females prefer an arch somewhere between the lateral limbus and lateral canthus.  Your supratarsal crease (eyelid crease) also appears a bit low in the photo, which may or may not be addressed with a browlift.  An in-person evaluation would be able to determine the need for an adjunctive upper blepharoplasty.    

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Brow ptosis

+1

From your photo, it seems that you do indeed have a flat eyebrow contour. The

ideal female brow is slightly arched at the lateral third.

Although an endoscopic browlift can be effective, I feel a hairline browlift gives a better ability to achieve a more customized elevation of the eyebrow, and can shorten the length of the forehead at the same time.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+1

Your eyebrows do appear to have some ptosis and you will benefit from a endoscopic brow lift. You probably will not need anything done with the upper eyelids.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brow Lift & Eyelid Surgery

+1

You definitely could get improvement in eyebrow positioning with a brow lift. Whether your upper lids need to be treated as well is what I question. A brow lift should be preformed first and if necessary and then an upper lid blephroplasty some months later.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Brow lift surgery

+1

When considering brow lift surgery, whether or not a patient is a good candidate really depends on their individual circumstances. Many times, issues with the brow can be genetic. A brow lift would help, but it does not appear that an upper blepharoplasty would be necessary to reach your goal of improving an angry/tired appearance. From here, I would recommend a consult with an experienced surgeon, as he/she will be able to best assess your needs and come up with a surgery plan for you. Thanks and best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Brow lift

+1

I agree with most comments. Hair line lowering with brow elevation via the hairline irregular trichophitic incision gives excellent results. Blepharolasty will likely not be needed. And ! Don t forget to take care of your skin. You show a lot of sun damage that will ultimately make you look older. Get an opinion on the best skin care protocol for you.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift and hairline advancement with a lower blepharoplasty for bags.

+1

Browlift and hairline advancement with a lower blepharoplasty for bags is what you need. The ITFL we developed will kill many birds with one stone and lower your hairline at the same time.

Is a Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?

+1

From the photo provide it does appear that both of your eyebrows are very low.  A Brow Lift would be able to elevate the eybrows into the proper aesthetic position and I suspect that no Upper Eyelid Surgery would be required due to your age.  I have performed Brow Lifts on women as young as mid twenties that had very low eyebrows.  This is a bit uncommon but not unheard of for those of us performing Brow Lifts for over 20 years or so.  Hope this helps.