Brow Tip Aesthetic Line?

I am 2 weeks post rhinoplasty. I asked my doctor to give me a straight brow tip aesthetic line as mine was not a continuous curve and was bony in the middle of my nose. It is now straight, but wide the whole way down my nose. Is this likely to be swelling or do some nose bridges have to be widened in order to get an ideal brow tip aesthetic line? Also, are nose bridges able to be widened without inserting anything into the nose? Thanks.

Dorsal Aesthetic Line Widened

+1

If a dorsal hump was taken down, the dorsum can be wide due to lack of osteotomies or increased swelling.  This is almost always swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Two weeks postop too early to make judgments about rhinoplasty results.

+1

Two weeks is much too early to make judgments about how you rhinoplasty is going to turn out. You really won't know for number of months.

Wide nose two weeks after rhinoplasty is probably swelling.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure, but probably swelling. You will know in another few weeks.  If it is not swelling, then you might have an "open roof" deformity.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Brow to tip line after rhinoplasty

+1

If you are referring to the position of your medial brow to your nasal tip, then there still would be swelling present two weeks after your rhinoplasty which would influence your appearance.  The swelling can take months to resolve completely.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon