Can Brow Ridge Implants Be Done Endoscopically?

I'm considering custom brow ridge implants (from a CT 3D model), but I prefer to avoid the coronal incision. Can these implants be placed via the upper eyelids or endoscopically (instead of the coronal incision)?

Brow ridge implants

+1

The implants can be placed through a number of approaches but fixation of the implants (a critical step) does require an incision close to where the implants are placed.

Brow enhancement

+1

There is more than one way to place and secure brow ridge implants.  It can be done endoscopically but a small incision will need to be made in order to place a screw to fix the implant in the proper position and avoid any migration of the implant.  If you are having an upper lid blepharoplasty performed then the implants can also be placed through this incision, which avoids any other incisions unless a browlift has already been planned.  I feel that placement of a long lasting dermal filler is a better way to address your concern with the appearance of your periorbital and more specifically, your brow area.  These fillers can be even more precisely tailored to your needs than even a CT 3D model fabricated implant. 

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Placement Of Custom Brow Ridge Implants

+1

If you have preformed brow ridge implants made off of a 3-D model, then they can be placed through an endoscopic technique. It is important that they have an exact anatomic fit so the implants can be placed in the right location and achieve the desired contour projection. They will need to be fixed with a screw(s) for each implant but that can be done percutaneously through an eyebrow stab incision using 1.5mm self-tapping screws.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Placement of Brow Ridge Implants

+1
In my opinion there is little need for such implants in the age of long lasting fillers. I would test drive incremental brow augmentation with a long lasting filler before seriously considering implants. Such implants would need a long incision and stabilization with a screw to prevent rotation and displacement.

+1

Can Brow Ridge Implants Be Done Endoscopically?  Possibly, but the issue with either of those approaches would be the inability to screw and fix these implants in place to the superior orbital rim.