Should I Get a Brow Lift? (photo)

I am 23 years old droopy eye brows run in my family. The problem is no so much having droopy eye brows, is that when i was 2 years old i fell and had to get stitches on my left eyebrow, and i guess it must have pulled it up a bit, and the other one stayed normal. Which makes me look a bit strange some times? i also can lift the one with the scar up more and when I am surprised only that one goes really up. What can a do for this? and how much approximately will the procedure cost?

Hi There,

I just wanted to let you know that we have a Brow Lift section on our site, where you can find information about the procedure, real stories by other community members who have experienced this procedure, average price they have paid, and much more. Here is a link below:

http://www.realself.com/brow-lift/cost

Hopefully this helps!

Asymmetry is normal

+1

At your age, I would recommend holding off on any surgery. A bit of asymmetry is absolutely normal, and though I agree that your eyebrow anatomy is a bit on the low side, it is a very natural look for you. As you get older, then you could consider a browlift.

Botox may be a good alternative low risk procedure for you.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift

+1

No you should not get a browlift. Try something less invasive like a couple of well placed units of botox

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brow lift at 23

+1

Typically our patients seeking brow lift surgery are much older than you. Having said that it is possible to elevate your brows surgically through various techniques. In a young patient I occasionally consider performing a brow pexy through and upper eyelid incision. The incision hides in the upper eyelid crease and is not perceptible once healed. The degree of elevation in modest in comparison to more traditional techniques but at your age it might be something to consider

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry during animation

+1

I would agree with my colleagues and would suggest that you try Botox first before considering a brow lift surgery.  Given that your brows are most asymmetric when you are animated, the Botox dose can be adjusted to decrease this asymmetry and would be far less expensive than a brow lift.  Also the effects of the Botox injection would last just a few months.  If you didn't like the result it would not be permanent.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Brow contouring

+1

At your age of 23, I would suggest a non surgical option to better contour your brow.  I would suggest you consider Botox.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brow Lift for 23 y.o.

+1

Undergoing a brow lift or any cosmetic surgery is difficult choice in someone so young.  These procedures were originally designed to correct changes associated with aging.  While they can be helpful to correct asymmetry, the results are not as predictable.  

Another less permanent and safer option for you to try would be Botox or Dysport injection under the lateral eyebrow.  This will have the effect of elevating the eyebrow slightly.  The effect is a subtle improvement of the eyebrow position.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Brow Lift?

+1

You could undergo a browlift to refine the shape and symmetry of your brows. I agree with Dr. Fleming, approaching this with a surgery that would also slightly lower your hairline would be a win-win for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Browlift?

+1

A brow lift will improve your brow position and symmetry. I suggest that you have the irregular trichophytic hairline incision which we developed for a brow lift many years ago so you can lower your hairline which will improve your facial proportions.