Post Brow Lift and Upper and Lower Eye Lift Surgery: Left with Upper Lid Hooding

One eyebrow drops down into the lid area, unlike before surgery. I was hoping a brow lift would raise the brows and upper lids and open up the eye are to a more awake appearance. what can i do now?

I had surgery so I would not have to rely on botox or other injectables which do not last. Also, the lines or furrows between my eye brows are still there as well. I also had a face lift, and was still left with one side of face long naseolabial fold. HELP!

Persistent frown lines and droopy brow after surgery

+2

You are raising several issues. Photos would help. Normally the brow lift and upper blepharoplasty should have taken care of the droopyness. Recurrence is possible and your surgeon should correct that. The above stated procedures normally do not address the small frown muscles although transbleph ablation (cutting them thru the belpharoplasty approach) of these is possible but not done commonly. As to the face lift and residual nasolabial depression, that is something that you need to discuss with your surgeon or get a competent second opinion.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy lid after browlift.

+2

It is difficult to say what is going on without photos. It is not normal to have hooding after a brow lift and eyelid surgery. You should discuss this with your surgeon and seek a second opinion from an experienced surgeon.

It is not enough to do surgery. Surgery must be tailored to individual needs.

+1

Cosmetic surgery is an art perhaps as much as a science.  Doing combination eyelid and forehead surgery is a relatively common combination procedure.  Yet there is a great deal of finesse that goes into these procedures.  It sounds like you may need a revision of the forehead surgery.  This may simply be an issue of not having the surgery tailored to your needs.  In some cases, type of situation can arise when there is latent eyebrow ptosis and the surgical plan does not take this into consideration.  This is one of the reasons why I like to perform eyelid and forehead surgery under iv sedation: this creates the possibility of modifying the forehead lift intraoperatively if necessary base on sitting the patient upright.  This type of adjustment is impossible under endotracheal intubation.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Drooping brow

+1
It is difficult to comment on your condition without photos . It would be best that you seek an in person consultation with your prior surgeon or a new one. If you do the latter, you should bring pre operative photos and op reports to your consultation.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hello msmmi.

If one eyebrow is drooping, then an eyebrow lift may help.  In terms of raising your eyelids, if the eyelids are truly drooping, something called ptosis, then an eyebrow lift will not help.  You may need ptosis repair.  If the eyelids have sagging skin, then an eyebrow lift can help somewhat, but I am concerned that since only one eyebrow is drooping, you might not get a symmetrical result.  Pictures would be very helpful.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.