What Brow Lift Should I Get if I Have Thinning Forehead Skin and Severe Drooping Brows with Hooded Eyelids?

Not sure if a brow lift will even last long for my condition.. i think it's at the point where it's unfixable. would fat grafting on my forehead lift my eyebrows? what should i do? do chemical peels take off upper eyelid skin? and also, what non-surgical alternative for fat hooded upper eyelids? thank you, sorry for all the questions.

WHAT BROW LIFT SHOULD I GET IF I HAVE THINNING FOREHEAD SKIN AND SEVERE DROOPING BROWS WITH HOODED EYELIDS?

+1

There are a number of different brow lifts that range from a coronal incision that goes above the head from the top of the ear to the top of the ear.  In my opinion, this is the largest scar and, although can create one of the most effective results, is associated with a visible scar, particularly if there is thin hair, as well as numbness.  If someone has severe drooping of the brows and a high hairline, the scar is usually placed just along the hairline and can accomplish two things.  First, it can elevate the forehead skin by creating a brow lift, and secondly it can lower the hairline to a more appropriate level.

Another option for a brow lift is an endoscopic brow lift, which has minimal incisions and is often performed in men with male pattern baldness or in patients with thinning hair.  The least invasive option would include an incision directly above the eyebrow to lift the eyebrows or an incision through an upper blepharoplasty scar with internal elevation of the eyebrow.

If a patient has dropping brows and also hooded eyelids, it is most common that the patient will need a brow lifting in addition to an upper blepharoplasty.  Brow lift alone typically will not correct hooded eyelids.

Brow lift versus blepharoplasty for hooded eyelids

+1

A brow lift is only considered when very low eyebrows are present which has to be made on a physical exam or at least pictures to show the position of the brows. Lateral  hooding of the upper lids  usually requires an upper blepharoplasty. Severe brow ptosis and hooding may require both procedures done simultaneously. For more information please see the link below

Brow lift

+1

Without a picture it is hard to be specific in answering your question. I get my best results with a with a trichiphytic hairline approach wherin i can remove as much forehead skin as is necessary to raise the eyebrows to the proper level. This does not change the hairline. If you have very thin hair in the front hairline, then other considerations come into play.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Type of brow lift for thinning forehead skin and droopy eyebrows.

+1

Type of brow lift for thinning forehead skin and droopy eyebrows depends on multiple factors. Without photographs it is impossible to give you a proper answer.

Brow Lift Options

+1

Without more information or pictures, i tis impossible to give you specific advice.  However, there are many options for brow lifting.  In many cases, subtle lifting can be accomplished with a combination of Botox and dermal fillers.  However, if more than subtle lifting is required or if a more long-term solution is desired, then a surgical option is sought.  A lateral temporal lift, with a small incision at the hairline or behind the hairline on the sides of the forehead can help lift the outside portion of the brow and rejuvenate the appearance of the eyes.  An endoscopic procedure is also an option that can help lift the middle portion of the brows.  Older techniques, which require a long incision across the top of the scalp are rarely used anymore.  An additional option is performing a lift through an incision in your upper eyelids.  This procedure accomplishes two objectives... you can remove any extra skin from your eyelids and also use that opening to secure the eyebrow in a higher position.  My suggestion is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Good Luck. 

David Shafer, MD