What is the Difference Between a Brow Lift and Temple Lift?

A Temporal Brow Lift is a short-scar surgery that elevates only the tail of your eyebrows.

+3

Most brow-lifting procedures are surgeries that elevate the entire eyebrow. These can be performed with either a large external incision, or less invasively through small scalp incisions using endoscopes and instruments below your scalp and forehead.

I currently favor a temple-lift that leaves the middle of your eyebrow alone and elevates the tail of your eyebrows which are closest to your temples. Lifting the tail, and not the central eyebrow is rejuvenating, minimally invasive, and a more favorable procedure for forehead rejuvenation.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4044

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temple lift vs browlift

+2

Probably people are referring to a lateral browlift when they say temple lift, but I have heard a dermatologist refer to a "temple tuck" he does; not sure exactly what that is.

A lateral browlift is a technique that elevates the temple and the lateral brow, but can be tailored to do other things as well.

There are browlifts that go all the way across the head (coronal), along the hairline (pretrichial), are done through an endoscope (endoscopic) and numerous types of fixation, from nothing to Endotines to suture fixation.

There are lesser and greater types of browlifts, nerve sparing types, types that risk bald spots, others where the chance is almost nil, hairline sparing, etc.

As you can see, there are literally dozens of combinations.

For more information, you might want to read the book chapter in the textbook Mathes which I wrote.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/Articles/mathesbook.html

Brow Lift vs. Temple Lift

+1

Usually when someone says temple lift they are referring to a lateral brow lift. The main difference is a typical brow lift will raise the forehead as a whole either with one long coronial incision or many small incisions across the forehead whereas a lateral brow lift is where a surgeon would only lift the lateral brow. The other difference is that with a typical brow lift; sometimes the muscle is cut/removed to stop the signs of aging.  A lateral brow lift would not affect the muscles except to tighten it along with the skin.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow vs temple lift

+1

A temple lift usually refers to a lateral brow lift while a brow lift usually refers to a full coronal incision or an endo brow lift.

Brow lift vs temple lift

+1
  • A browlift is also known as a forehead lift and is either one lone coronal incision or endoscopic incisions across the entire forehead that raises the entire forehead and brows.
  • A temple lift is simply a small incision in the temple area used to raise the lateral brow.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Brow Lift vs Temple Lift

+1

The term "browlift" includes many different types of browlifts. The temple lift usually refers to elevation of the lateral portion of the brow. There are many combinations of techniques.

See a surgeon for consultation to establish goals (what needs to be lifted) and then discuss alternative approaches.

Brow lift and temple lift

+1

The temple is generally refered to the outer portion of the eyebrow and the lateral part of the forehead. A temporal lift usually lists the upper corner of the eyelid and lateral portion of the brow. A browlift is generic and can mean the lifting of any number of regions of the brow in differential degree,

Difference between a browlift and a temple lift

+1

People use a variety of terms that can easily be confused. I think of a browlift as a very powerful operation which can lift the entire eyebrow area.

A temple lift, in my vocabularly is directed more at the outer 1/3 of the eyebrow. It is generally a less involved operation and for most people it is really only the outer 1/3 of the eyebrow that they are trying to lift.

Difference between Brow Lift and Temporal Lift

+1

Although different surgeons may use the terms differently, usually a brow lift consists of elevating the entire forehead above and lateral to the eyes, removing the muscles causing wrinkles between the eyebrows and tightening the temporal skin and muscle around the eyes. A temporal lift usually only tightens the skin and muscle lateral to the eyes. It uses only the lateral incision of the brow lift (assuming that the browlift is done endoscopically, as most are these days, with only 4 or 5 small incisions just behind the hairline). The idea of the temporal lift is to improve the crinkling beside the eye, whereas the brow lift does this, elevates the brow, reduces a lot of the excess skin in the upper eyelids, and reduces or eliminates the wrinkles in the forehead and between the eyes.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

What is the difference between a brow lift and a temple lift?

+1

Hi there-

It is sometimes difficult to know exactly what your surgeon may be describing, as it seems facial procedures each have taken on many names...

The best thing to do would be to contact your surgeon and ask exactly what they meant by these terms, and what differences you would experience with the two procedures...

In my Orlando Plastic Surgery Center, a brow lift would be a more significant procedure, with longer scars and recovery, but with more improvement that a temple lift, in which a small scar behind the hairline is used to elevate only the lateral (outer) area of the eyebrow.

I hope that helps you-

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com