Brow Lift Revision After First Surgery?

I am 22 days out from my Brow Lift, upper and lower eye lift and Deep plane Facelift. My eyebrows were lifted endocopically with a ribbon in the temple area. It appears my brows are lowering and not at all were I want them to be.

My surgeon says I will have to heal and then be revised. What should my next move be and how long do I wait for the revision?

Borw lift revision

+2
It is advisable to wait at least six months prior to undergoing revisional surgery. You need to allow for full healing. As swelling is reduced, the ultimate outcome can be assessed. You may be experiencing a scenario in which the brows are settling prior to the amelioration of swelling in the rest of the face, which could skew your perspective on the result.

Wait 6 months after browlift to decide on revision

+2

It is important to not revise the browlift for at least six months, to allow the brows to settle into their new position. One must wait for full healing prior to embarking on revision browlifting surgery.

Revision browlifts vs realistic expectations

+2

The procedure you describe for the brow is usually quite effective and aggressive.

I wonder whether you and your doctor communicated properly regarding the expected outcome of the surgery.

Patients who are contemplating redoing their surgeries 22 days after the procedure are in for a long wait, typically 6 months, before revisions are done, to allow the tissues to gain strength again.

It will be very important to the success of your next surgery, if indeed it is necessary, to communicate exactly what your goals are with your surgeon, and whether they are realistic to accomplish.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Revison browlift

+1

I fyou need a browlift revision, you should probably wait at least 6 months or longer fo rhte swelling and healing to occur and settle down.

Brow Lift Revision

+1

After a browlift, many patients will experience dropping of their brow to some degree at about 6 to 12 months.  A revision at that satge can be performed under local or general anesthesia to optimize results.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brow Lift Revision

+1

Wait at least 6 months before considering a revision. It sounds like you have a conscientious surgeon who will work with you. The approach used for your lift will not interfere with any revision technique you and your surgeon want to use. Be patient.

Revision time for Brow lift

+1

A good queston. At this point, I woud agree to wait before having Brow lift revision. Usually several months is appropriate, but ultimately, it depends among other things upon your exam.

I understand that this is a difficut time for you, but you really need to be patient. To rush in now would court worse problems.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Revision Surgery Only After 4-6 Months

+1

Greetings,

I am sorry that your expectations were not fulfilled after surgery. At this point, I would not contemplate any kind of revision surgery for at least 4-6 months. Give some time for any bruising, swelling, and nerve/muscle dysfunction to resolve.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revvision or secondary brow lift.

+1

Revision or secondary brow lifts should generally be deferred for a minimum of 4-6 months following the initial procedure to allow for satisfactory scar maturation. Swellng of the upper eyelid can often mask or diminish the intial appearance of the brow lift and I would allow sufficient time for resolution of the swelling before assessing the result.

Revision browlift

+1

Dear Worf, I recall your previous question about ribbon vs other kinds of browlifts. First of all, you don't want to over-lift the brow as it looks startled and surprised. You should let about 4 months go by generally before doing any revision. That way, the swelling is gone and you might be surprised that the result is acceptable then.

Early revisions, unless something is dramatically wrong, can lead to a downhill snowball of growing problems and is a route that is best avoided.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS