Brow Lift or Revision Eye Surgery First?

After a blepharoplasty/double eyelid surgery my eyebrows drooped, it has been 6 months now and I am starting to look at options to correct this and have my eyelid creases lowered. Would it be wiser to have the eyebrow lift first so the surgeon could adjust the crease height according to the eyebrow position and so adequate fat can be replaced? I am worried that after having my creases lowered that my eyebrows will droop again, I've been told I still have enough eyelid skin left for a brow lift.

+1

Thank you for your question. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Oculoplastic and explore your options.  A brow lift can certainly lift the eyes up and alter the crease.  Careful planning is needed at this time. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

The brow lift, if brow elevation is warranted,  should be performed first before removal of skin from the upper eyelids is contemplated.  Find a plastic surgeon with who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Periocular aging is a function both of the eyelid in the brow.

+1

Without examination it's impossible to answer your question specifically. However, the relative contribution of eyelid aging and ptosis of the brow should be established prior to surgery.

+1

I'd have to see photos of your eyebrows and forehead in order to determine if you should have a Browlift.  If the brows are to be lifted, this should be done prior to any upper eyelid Surgery as this will affect the amount of upper lid skin.

Revision eyelid surgery or brow lift.

+1

In order to answer this question I need to see photographs of your eyes at the current time. A proper answer cannot be given without this.