How long do brow lift-results last?

How long do the results of a brow lift procedure last? After my ptosis repair/Asian eyelid revision, the results looked great for 1-2 yrs and then the upper eyelid started to look heavy. I asked the surgeon if he could fix it but he dismissed my concerns and said it looked even. I'm thinking a brow lift will help open my eyes a lil bit, since my eyebrows are low and straight (no arch).

How long do brow lift results last?

+1
Brow lifting results  can last a lifetime. It's very rare to ever require two browlifts in a lifetime unless they have been under corrected. The brow lift procedure involves adjustments to the hairline which include raising or lowering it, raising the eyebrows, adjustments to the hyperactive corrugator, frontalis and procures muscles, and placing dermal grafts behind the  vertical corrugator lines between the eyebrows. The brow lift  operation is at great procedure for patients who have very low eyebrows with respect to their eyelashes. For many examples, please see the link below to our brow lift Photo Gallery

Is brow lift an option?

+1
Brow position can certainly change after undergoing upper lid surgery with or without a ptosis repair.  You should see a surgeon that is well experienced in performing brow lifts in cases of prior eyelid surgery to determine if you would benefit from a brow lift. There are several types of brow lift surgery, the most common being the endoscopic brow lift approach.  The results usually last at least 5-10 years depending on the severity of your brow droop and other factors including technique.  Good luck...

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyebrow lift and upper lids

+1
I believe you said you had an Asian eyelid lift but now the lids are looking heavy and you are now wondering about having a browlift. Obviously I do not know your age or the circumstances of your surgery. My only comment is that after your type of surgery, the eyebrows might fall a bit because your frontalis muscle which lifts the brows might have been hyperactive in order to lift the ptotic eyelids and now can relax since they don't have to work so hard. An endoscopic browlift could help in this situation and should last for many years but this is dependent on many factors.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Brow lift longevity

+1
Your question is a very common concern amongst those seeking facial surgery. Appreciable results from a brow lift should last at least 10 years. Keep in mind, the longevity has as much to do with how well you care for your skin as it does the surgical technique. If your not a smoker, you are fastidious about sun protection and you utilize a pharmaceutical grade skin care regimine your results will last for a decade or more. Find a Plastic Surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and schedule a consult. Be specific about your questions and concerns. This will put you and your surgeon on the same page from the beginning. Best of luck! 

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift should last for many years

+1
When I perform endoscopic brow lifts for cosmetic patients, I find the results last at least 10-15 years.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of brow lifts

+1
A briwlift should maintain the desired brow position for 5-15 years. However, depending on technique, many fall back by one year.. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon