Pulled out Outer Eye Corner After Brow Lift

I had multiple procedures done 25 days ago: Brow lift, Mid-face lift and Fat transfer to lower eye lids. The surgeon shaped my eye during the Brow lift to a more almond shape. The outer corners are still pulling and more is shown than just the eye. This looks very troubling and my vision is a bit blurred. Is this really normal and when can I expect the eyes to be normal, so that only the eye is showing? Thank you.

Pulled out eye corner

+1

It would be helpful to see a photo...one thing to consider would be an ectropion which causes malposition of the lower lid and distortion of the corner of the eye...the lower lid can actually be pulled away from the eye in some cases...you should review this with your surgeon as there are some non invasive things that could be done to help relieve the situation as you are healing.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

The effects may or may not soften with healing after Brow Lift

+1

Dear Ann,

Our brains are pretty good and detecting something that is not quite right. While many of the issues you are describing will soften, it is probable that you will be left with a lasting aesthetic deficit as a result of your surgery. The forehead lift is not the ideal way of making a more almond shaped eyelid lid.

Similarly, many of the mid-face lifts done through the forehead lift incision can cause a loss of temple fat. This can result in a break down of the aesthetic barrier between the eye area and the temple area. I call this problem a "plateau midface." This is a problem because it makes it difficult for individuals you are conversing with to maintain eye contact. The change in facial volume as a consequence of surgery permit the gaze of others to drift off the eyes and into the temple area. Because of the fat grafting and the associated swelling, it may very well be 4 months before you really understand what is going on.

Overcorrection duriong lower eyelid surgery is common. Give it time to soften

+1

Clearly the best person to answer your questions is the surgeon whom you selected and trusted to perform the procedure. There are a number of different techniques and healing can vary tremendously. Usually most of the overcorrection you describe will tend it ease and resolve withing 3 weeks but it can last longer.

Pictures would be helpful

+1

Certainly, pictures of what is going on would be helpful, but you are fairly early post-op from an extensive surgery and you should be directing your questions and concerns to your operative surgeon for optimal post-opcare and ultimate results.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD