Will a Brow Lift Help Minimize a Large Forehead?

People tell me it's all in my head (no pun intended), but I've always been self-conscious about my forehead. I find my eyebrows don't help, as they don't have a very high arch. I was wondering if a brow lift would make much of a difference in the size of my forehead. Please advise.

Brow lift and forehead

+1

If you have a high forehead( all skin), then you may be a candidate for an anterior browlift (one along the hairline).

Forehead lift hairline changes

+1

A forehead lift (also known as browlift) can either reduce or enlarge the forehead depending on the incision used. If the incision is done at the hairline, the length of the forehead is shortened. The tradeoff of the hairline incision is a slight scar which can be hidden with appropriate hairstyling.

If the incision is created entirely within the hairbearing scalp, the scar will be invisible, but the hairline will be raised and the forehead lengthened. Occasionally, in individuals who have insufficient hair in the frontal forehead area, short scar or endoscopic lifts can be done. However, these sorts of lifts tend to give a more subtle improvement that may not last as long as a standard forehead lift. A full , in-person consultation with a board certfied plastic surgeon is the best way to decide which, if any, of the browlift techniques is right for you.

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Reduction

+1

The size of your forehead can be reduced with or without a browlift. If your brows are elevated using an endoscopic technique or a coronal incision (incision within the scalp hair) the forehead will not be reduced. If a tricophytic incision (incision at the hairline), a technique we described many years ago , is used the hairline can be lowered, the forehead reduced, and the brows elevated if desired.

Forehead reduction better than brow lift

+1

No. You need a procedure that is called Forehead reduction. When I perform this procedure, the forehead bone is scupted, the scalp is advanced forward, and the high forehead is reduced typically by as much as one inch if needed. The hair-line is thus advanced forward and lower on your forehead.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brow lift for large forehead

+1

If by "large" forehead, you are referring to a long distance between your hairline and your brow, then yes, a brow lift may help. But the technique used is important. In this type of case, a anterior hairline brow lift is usually recommended. This allows the surgeon to actually excise some forehead skin while lifting the brow. This shortens the distance between the brow and the hairline, and the scar is usually well hidden at the junction of the hairline. Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Brow lift help minimize a large forehead

+1

Without a photo my guess is a REVERSE BROW LIFT is an option for you the decrease the size of the forehead.

Best of luck From MIAMI

Forehead lift will make the forehead look larger

+1

Unfortunately, if anything, a forehead lift will actually make the forehead look larger by increasing the space between the eyebrows and the hairline. I now perform these only through endoscopic assistance through 2-3 small incisions.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon