Can I Have a Brow Lift Lowered? My Forehead is Huge After Surgery.

It depends on the type of browlift performed

+4

It depends on the type of browlift performed and your specific issues.  In general, browlift lowering procedures are challenging and usually require incisions at the border of the hairline and forehead.  

Patients who have had coronal browlift and not candidates for this operation.  If you had an endoscopic browlift, then this operation may be appropriate.  

Brow lift lowering

+2

Sometiems poor designing of the procedure can lead to a hariline raising experience.  Sometimes the hairline can be brought down if this is a problem but it is not very easy to fix.

Lowering the hairine in long forehead

+2
A long forehead can be corrected by lowering the hairline. The procedure is performed through a hairline incision. This is the ideal approach for a brow lift in a patient with a long forehead in the first place. From El Paso.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Enlarged forehead

+2

If you had an endoscopic brow lift, a relatively simple hairline lowering procedure can likely restore the original height of your forehead. If skin was removed, an option  might be tissue expansion of the scalp followed by a lowering of the hairline. Or , if there are concerns for scalp circulation due to a scar behind the hairline (coronal brow lift) , the only safe option would be hair transplantation of follicular unit grafts.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing a forehead lift

+1

Yes, this can be done.

There is a browlift-reversing operation, originally described by Dr. Yaremchuk of Boston.  The key is re-anchoring the tissues at the brow level, and mobilizing the posterior scalp.  I have no experience with it personally, but have seen his presentations, and it does work.

Alternatively, some hair transplantation along the frontal hairline could possibly be used to give the illusion of a lower hairline.

Thomas Fiala, MD

A high hairline after browplasty can be corrected

+1

Endoscopic browplasty typically does not raise the hairline over the long time so if this procedure was performed I would wait for a while and see if things resolve.  Other techniques such as a coronal incision browplasty can elevate the hairline.  There is a way to reposition the hairline in either case with an incision right at the hairline.  This incision is quite cosmetic and allows for repositioning of the hairline down.  There are standard measurements for where the hairline should be placed.  This should all be drawn out and measured twice before any incisions are made.  Typically I review these markings with my patients when we are doing this procedure. 

As always, heal from the first procedure as much as possible before pursuing another.

Douglas Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline Lowering

+1

The hairline can be lowered and facial proportion re-established using a technique we described many years ago. A hairline incision is made and the hairline repositioned with or without the use of a tissue expander. I am assuming you are satisfied with the position of your eye brows.If they are also elevated, I have lowered the brows when changing the hairline.

A tall forehead can be shortened

+1

Yes. If you had a coronal brow lift (scar from ear to ear across the top of the scalp) this always raises the hairline and produces an enlarged forehead. The endowscopic browlift procedure also tends to raise the hairline, but typically not as much. The hairline browlift procedure typically does not raise the hairlline. In any case, if your forehead is too tall, your hairline can be lowered using a scar at the hairline and advancing your scalp forward and reducing the amount of skin of your forehead.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD