Brow Lift for Forehead Increase

I have a very low hairline (forehead). my forehead is about 2 inches in length. I really would like to increase the size of my forehead just a little. Could an endoscopic brow lift increase the length, if so how much? I am a 25 year old female. thanks for any help or suggestions.

Forehead height and brow lift types

+3
An endoscopic forehead lift will raise the hairline, as will every brow lift that involves an incision above the hairline. Endoscopic lifts in younger patients tend to have a higher recurrence rate.

Beware of brow lifts! Focus on the lateral hood!

+1

Be very careful when asking for a brow lift, you might get it.  If you look up brow lift results in published papers and before and afters you will see that many surgeons successfully lift the brow.  Unfortunately a true brow lift makes patients look scared or surprised!  It is almost never necessary to elevate the medial third of the brow.  Many women actually benefit aesthetically from a slight lowering of the medial third.  On the contrary, there are few women even at your age that would not benefit from elevation of their lateral brow.  The reason for this is probably not what you think.  Much more important than the brow positionand shape is the infra brow skin.  If you look at yourself in the mirror you will see some bunching of skin under the brow next to your eye and a flat shape.  I call this the lateral hood.  The only kind of brow lift that I typically perform in women of your age I call a lateral hood lift.  If you gently pull up on your forehead skin above the lateral brow, you will see that a very subtle elevation makes you look younger.  This is mostly because it cleans up the lateral hood.  It is usually necessary to also restore brow volume at the same time as a lateral hood lift to create a beautiful rejuvenated shape.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Browlift to increase length of forehead

+1

A browlift will not significantly increase the length of your forehead. In many cases, a coronal or open browlift can elevate the hairline a little more.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Brow lift to increase forehead height

+1

A brow lift can be performed through a coronal or endoscopic approach depending upon the patient’s needs, wishes, and desires.  A low hairline can be raised approximately ½ inch when needed.  It is important to note that you must have low eyebrows and a low hairline.  The eyebrows will be raised approximately ¼ of an inch and the hairline raised ½ an inch through the coronal approach.  If the patient has the combination of low hairline and high eyebrows, there is no good surgical option.  

Brow Lift for Forehead Increase

+1

All brow lift procedures will elevate the hairline and brows but could be limited in younger patients. I would not recommend coronal lift at your age. endoscopic forehead lift if done with adequate release of muscle and soft tissues, will work well with no detectable scars.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift could increase your forehead height but laser hair removal is another option as well.

+1

Brow lift could increase your forehead height but laser hair removal is another option as well. Most brow lifts will increase the height of the forehead by stretching the skin of the forehead.   This depends on where the incision is placed. If the incision is behind the hairline and endoscopic lifts, the brow lift will increase the forehead height.  Incisions placed right in front of the hairline (pre trichial) or within the hairline (trichophytic) incisions all have a tendency to shorten the height of the forehead which for some is ideal. Also there is the option of laser hair removal to heighten the hairline. This something that you could discuss with your doctor.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Browlift is not the best choice for lengthening the hairline

+1

There are many methods for performing a browlift or forehead lift including an endoscopic browlift (through tiny incisions with the assistance of telescopes) , bicoronal forehead lift (extensive incision from ear to ear across the top of the head) and a tricophytic or hairline browlift. (hidden along the hairline. Each of these techniques achieves a similar result through the brow and the forehead in terms of smoothing of lines and gentle elevation of the brows.

The key difference is in how they affect your hairline. The Bicoronal (ear to ear) browlift elevates or pulls your hairline back, raising the frontal hairline by up to one inch. The Endoscopic lift has minimal effect of the position of the hairline. The tricophytic or hairline browlift can be used to adjust the hairline, usually lowering it to address a receding hairline or widow's peaks in the temporal hairline.

You would need to seek a qualified facial plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for any of these procedures.  Skin laxity plays a key roll in this procedure and at your age you may present with an unnatural looking brow position as a result. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing the forehead with brow lift

+1

A brow lift will raise your hairline, but will not increase the size of your forehead. It will still have the same measurement from hairline to eyebrow as preop. The other problem is that your eyebrows will be elevated abnormally and you will be even more unhappy with this than a short forehead. The only way to increase this measurement is with a tissue expander to stretch the forehead vertically and then a browlift to flatten the stretched forehead skin.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift can increase forehead length

+1

There's an accurrate measurement of facial thirds that will give a good aesthetic indication of where your frontal hairline should be to balance the face.  Brow Lifts can increase the forehead length but IMHO, the endoscopic doesn't have the ability to do so as well as the Coronal Brow Lift which is still the gold standard in Brow Lifts.  The position, of your eyebrows, also needs to be taken into consideration before having any type of Brow Lift.

Increasing forehead size with low hairline.

+1

This is better done with a coronal incision to get maximum raising of the hairline. Endoscopic forehead lifting won't do very much.