Brow Lift for Mid-twenties Asian Female? (photo)

I want double eyelid surgery too. I used to use eyelid tape and it stretched my eyelid skin. I have low brows, a line btwn my eyes on my nasal bridge and thick eyelid skin 1) What kind of brow lift would you recommend if at all? I don't think I have significant brow ptosis and just want a subtle lift. 2) Do brow lifts done directly at the brow or through eyelid incisions last long? and if so how long? 3) Can brow lifts cause premature aging (if tissues don't reattach strongly enough)?

Browlift and Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

Botox can be used to create a subtle brow lift around the time of your double eyelid surgery.   If you absolutely like the look of Botox and the new brow position, a brow lift could be considered.

Asian double eyelid/eyebrow surgery

+1

Thanks for the photos. I think it's great that you are considering eyebrow/upper eyelid as single aesthetic unit. The answer to your questions is based on how you like the eyebrow to be positioned and shaped. Do you preferred a particular shaped eyebrow? Do you like current eyebrow positions or you like them higher? Do you want just the outer eyebrow to be higher? There are different techniques to position and shape your eyebrows depending on your goals. Once your eyebrow is properly setup and positioned then you can plan the appropriate upper double eyelid surgery. The exact type of upper double eyelid surgery will depend on actually in person evaluation. It's quite common to remove subcutaneous fat if necessary which is just below the muscle and above the septum. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Asian brow aesthetics

+1

You don't have brow ptosis, and I don't think a browlift would improve your appearance.  With Asian brow aesthetics, a flatter, more gentle contour is preferrable over a severe arch (think Fergie from Black Eyed Peas).  Even if you were to want a more pronounced arch, a subtle "Botox browlift" could achieve this look, which would be a far better option than surgery at your age if you were dead-set on achieving this look. 

As you know with your use of eyelid tape, an upper blepharoplasty will make a significant improvement in the appearance of your eyes, giving you a softer, more feminine look.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Good candidate for eyelid crease surgery

+1

As mentioned by others, you are a good candidate to have "double eyelid" surgery. The browlift is another matter. You do not have brow ptosis, but your brow contour is a bit flat. You could achieve a subtle arch to the brow with a conservative lateral hairline [temporal incision] browlift that would increase the distance between the brows and eyelids, but could give a subtle elevation to the outside portion of the brow to create a lateral arch.
You would need an in person consultation.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift

+1

You do not appear to need a brow lift by these photos. A upper eyelid improvement with a blepharoplasty will achieve a better result

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brow lift not indicated

+1

The distance between the eyebrows and the eyelashes is quite high according to this picture and a brow lift is not indicated.  It is certainly acceptable to undergo a double eyelid surgery if the patient desires more definition and an eyelid crease.

Brow Lift

+1

Creating a double eyelid via blepharoplasty will give you a very nice result.  I don't think a brow lift is indicated at this point, however, a consultation is always best to determine what your expectations are and what needs to be done to fulfill that.  Generally a brow lift can be done using different approaches and techniques.  I prefer to do them endoscopically so that there are only minimal incisions.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Brow lift in 20's

+1

In reviewing your photographs you do not appear to have any brow ptosis so a brow lift would not be appropriate for you.  A double eyelid procedure alone should give you a nice result.

Michael Sundine, MD

Asian eyelid surgery and brow lift

+1

hi daydreamer

given your age I think I would stick with just the upper eyelid surgery and keep the brow lift in your back pocket for your late 20s or mid-30s. The moment you could focus on a little bit of eyebrow grooming to accent your double eyelid surgery. At this stage in your life when you are young you want to limit what you do surgically and limit your risks. Although the risks are low they still exist. Get several consultations before proceeding and be sure to see a surgeon who has plenty of evidence that they operate on Asian patients frequently.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregular trichophytic forehead lift.

+1

Irregular trichophytic forehead lift is what you need to raise your brows slightly and removing the excess skin. This can be done behind the hairline as well but will raise your hairline. It does not cause premature aging.