Brow Lift for 17 Years Old?

Hi, I am a 17 year old and I am considering a brow lift... I know it sounds ridiculous, but here is my case. I have monolids and ptosis and am interested in getting them fixed soon. However, even now when looking at my whole face relaxed, my brows seem significantly low. If I get my eyes opened up and bigger, I'm afraid that I might look weird when I relax my face and I don't want to continue raising forehead as I do everyday now. Is there any non-invasive permanent browlift suitable? TY!

Age

+1

Sounds like you have a medical problem that needs correction.A physical examination is the best way to start the process

Brow lift at 17 years old

+1

Without seeing photos or performing an exam, it is difficult to give you precise advice. In general, an endoscopic brow lift is less invasive than using a traditional technique, and can yield a fantastic result when performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon. From here, I would recommend seeking an in-person consultation with an experienced surgeon. He/she will be able to assess your needs and recommend the best procedure for you, as your issue appears to be genetic. Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Brow Lift for 17 Years Old

+1

As your note suggests, you understand that brow lift is not a typical procedure for a teen. In person consultations would be the best way to determine if you are a candidate. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Unless the prevailing recommendation is to proceed with surgery, I would suggest to wait. Nonsurgical alternatives may be possible as well.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Posting photos would be helpful

+1

Browlifting in a 17 year old is not common, but if the anatomy demonstrates a need, it is not out of the question.

Posting photos for us to evaluate would be helpful.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift is indicated for ptosis even at 17.

+1

Of course I need to see your photos but I have been doing browlifting on young patients if they have congenital low brows.  Age is not a detergent of you indeed have low brows.  Sarah Michelle Geller could have used this years ago!

Brow lift / forehead surgery at age 17?

+1

Resubmit this very interesting question with photographs. If the situation is severe enough to make you look abnormal, correction might be considered at your age. Rhinoplasty is very commonly done in your age group for the same likely reasons of having a more pleasing appearance as you venture into adult life. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical browlift

+1

An in-person examination is needed to really ascertain what the issues are.  However, Botox can be used to create a non-surgical browlift.

David Alessi, MD