Brow Lift or Eyelid Surgery For Sagging Eyes And Forehead Lines? (photo)

My left eye sags, especially when I smile. Also there are deep lines in my forehead, because I constantly feel the need to raise my eyebrows.

Ptosis surgery yes, brow lift no

+5

You should NOT get brow lift, but you are candidate for ptosis surgery.  Brow lift in you can make it look unnatural and feminine.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Should you pursue browlift, blepharoplasty? I recommend ptosis repair.

+4

Often people seek eyelid or brow rejuvenation without knowing precisely what the issue is. It can be difficult to know whether the brow is too low or the upper eyelids are too full. In your case I see brow asymmetry with the left eyebrow sitting lower than the right. However, the main issue with your eyelids is a problem called ptosis. A ptosis repair will tighten the upper eyelid elevator muscle and elevate the eyelids. If you were to pursue browlifting as well it should be conservative and aim to maintain the flat brow shape that is masculine in appearance. Applying the typical browlift to a man can result in overly arched and elevated eyebrows which has a feminizing effect on a man's eyes.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of droopy eyelids

+4
From your photos it would appear that you have ptosis of the lids which can be corrected by tightening the muscles that lift/open the eyelid. You do not have excess skin of the upper lids or brow ptosis. I would find an oculoplastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is experienced with eyelid ptosis correction.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Problem not in the brow

+3

As suggested by others your main issue is upper eyelid ptosis which ca be corrected with a relatively simple internal procedure.  You also have lower eyelid retraction which can be corrected at the same time

Sam Naficy, MD

Browlift in men

+3

You appear to have brow ptosis and not a lot of sagging eyelid skin.  Elevating your brow would be beneficial.  A nice result can be achieved using strategically placed botox.  The best result would be with a browlift.  This can be done endoscopically, or via a mid-forehead approach, or via an Invisiline(TM) approach.  This depends on your examination and what is going on with your hairline.  All of these can be done giving a very natural look.  We are finding a lot of men are requesting these procedures and don't want any obvious sequelae.

David Alessi, MD

A Browlift vs Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty

+3

I don't think you need a browlift or upper eyelid blepharoplasty. You have upper eyelid ptosis which can be improved with surgery on the tissue that suspends your upper eyelid margin. Forehead creases can be treated with injections of Botox or Dysport.

Browlift Surgery For Men

+3

The debate of a browlift vs an upper blepharoplasty for heavy upper eyes can be a difficult decision for some patients. This is often a more frequent issue for men than women due to their stronger brow bones and often lower natural brow position. The potential benefits of a browlift can be determined by raising your brows with your fingers and seeing if it is beneficial to improving your appearance. You appear to be a younger man and I don't see any excessive upper eyelid skin that would be beneficial to remove. It would be also useful to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist to be certain you do not have a ptosis condition of the upper eyelids, particularly the upper lid on the left side.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brow lift vs. eyelid surgery

+3

The eyelid, eyebrow and forehead are intimately related in a complex and dynamic way. It is possible that you have a mild degree of eyelid ptosis that is related to levator muscle function. A complete and detailed eye exam is required to determine this since photos are not accurate for dynamic problems. This would explain your complains of a sagging eyelid and the creases of your forehead which would be a compensation of the frontalis muscle for weakness of hte levator muscle.  In this case, a levator muscle tightening type of procedure will help the forehead creases.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Brow lift vs. Eyelidplasty for Droopy Eyes

+3

You don't seem to have alot of extra skin in the upper lids which rules out upper eyelidplasty as a useful option.  A brow lift would be more appropriate.  I can not tell from the images but a degree of eyelid ptosis may be present which should be evaluated carefully by your surgeon as browlifting would not help this.  If you don't see as well at the end of the day or when tired, this would be an indication that a mild degree of eyelid ptosis is present. 

Lawrence Bass, MD

Brow lift, eyelid surgery, botox , which one is best

+2

from your pictures , your brow postion and eyelid skin look good..  considor botox for creases.

if you feel that your eyelids are too low over thepupils   then consider pt osis  repair