Can Brow Lift Enhance Droopy Eye Lids?

I've had a blepharoplasty done. However, the results are so incredibly minimal and I'm not happy with the results. I notice a slight different but I still feel as if I still have a lot of heavy skin over my eye lids. Will a brow lift help that or should I reconsider a second blepharo?

Brow lift for upper lid sagging

+2
Many patients with upper lid ptosis benefit from brow lift and will not achieve their desired result simply from upper lid blepharoplasty. Without photos, it is impossible to evaluate your case but it is certainly reasonable to explore the possibility of grow lift with your plastic surgeon.

Can Brow Lift Enhance Droopy Eye Lids?

+1

Hello and thanks for your question

It is difficult to offer specific comments without a photograph. Generally speaking, if you notice your eyelids are droopy after a blepharoplasty then you need a re operation to correct the ptosis. If you notice your eyelids are heavy and the brow is droopy you will need a brow lift. If you have a brow that is mobile and slightly droopy before the operation by excising upper eyelid skin you increase the risk of pulling the brow down. 

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Browlift - The New Eyelift

+1

Though it's impossible to say which is right for your specific situation without pictures or a consult, oftentimes as we age we feel excess skin in the upper eyelids which is, in fact, caused by the brow drooping such that it crowds down on the eyes.

In this instance, the most natural way to rejuvenate and refresh the eye area is to lift the brow so that the upper eyelids resume their more youthful position.

You can see the effect that the browlift would have on your upper eyes by pulling your forehead up with the palms of your hands. When you lift the brow up, look to see if the "heavy skin" feeling is lightened over your eyelids. If it is, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Endoscopic Browlift and Blepharoplasty

+1

In order to determine if a revision blepharoplasty will get you the results you want or you need to also have a browlift you need only to lift your brow manually to just  above the orbital rim (where the brow bone becomes the eye socket).  This is the natural position of the brow for a woman.    If all the excess skin is gone in the upper eyelid with this maneuver than you need a brow lift alone.  If it isn't then you need a revision upper blepharoplasty and a brow lift.   You should try this out yourself and discuss it with your plastic surgeon. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift or eye surgery

+1

Often patients complain of lateral hooding that is not treated with blepharoplasty and is best treated with a brow lift. 

Second eyelid surgery or a brow lift?

+1

This question is impossible to answer without a physical exam or at least excellent photos. It really depends on whether the excess skin in your upper lids comes from the brow having fallen and bunching up because of this, or if the skin on the lids has just stretched out. If the extra skin comes from the brow having fallen, a brow lift will give you an excellent result. Since your original surgeon apparently never considered a brow lift I would get a second opinion.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift is an excellent procedure to improve the upper eyelid

+1

Heavy upper lids can be cause by either excess skin on the upper eyelid or low, descending eyebrows. When evaluating a patient for eyelid rejuvenation, both need to be taken into account for the optimal surgical treatment. Blepharoplasty simply means removing skin along the upper eyelid, it does not raise the eyebrow or significantly improve upon crows feet. Results can be subtle if the low eyebrows are contributing to upper lid fullness. A brow lift elevates the eyebrows, and also smoothes the forehead and frown lines, as well as lifting and smoothing the crows feet area. Results can be dramatic, rejuvenating, youthful, and very natural. I prefer an endoscopic approach, which means limited incisions hidden within the hair-bearing scalp, no visible scarring, no skin takeout,  with a very natural looking, well-rested look as a result. Most patients initially do not realize how important eyebrow position and frown lines are  in the overall appearance of an individual's face. After surgery, a tired, angry look is transformed into a pleasant, approachable, and attractive one, that looks non-operated on.

Hayley Brown, MD

Brow lift is for low set eyebrows

+1

A browlift is done for low eyebrows. If the distance between the eyelashes to the eyebrows is rather small, a browlift is performed. Browlifts can be performed endoscopically or coronal depending upon presenting issues such as the need for corrugator, frontalis or procerus muscle softening. Another blepharoplasty could end up lowering the brows slightly. If the distance is adequate between the brows and the eyelashes, it is probably better to do an upper blepharoplasty. The goal of an upper blepharoplasty is to remove excess skin and fat lids along with removal of fat to decrease puffiness.

Heavy lids may be caused by drooping brows

+1

A browlift can enhance a droppy lid because heavy lids may be caused by drooping brows. A normal brow position for a woman is slightly above the bone above the eye called the orbital rim. A normal brow position for a man is at the orbital rim. But, every face is different. Certainly if the brow is heavy that can cause a heavy look to the upper lid. While blepharoplasty can be repeated, what you don’t want to do is to take too much skin making it difficult to close the eye. You have to think of the eyes and the eyebrows together as one unit because each affects the other.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift and upper blepharoplasty should be evaluated together

+1

When evaluating a patient for upper blepharoplasty the brow position is a critial part of the evaluation.  In many patients, the brows do contribute substantially to the heavy appearance of the lids and in this case should be addressed, usually with a browlift.  It is difficult to comment further without photos.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon