How much of a brow lift can botox alone achieve? (photo)

As you can see from the photo, my eyebrows sit very low on my face, making my forehead look a fivehead. What can I realistically expect from botox injections in that brow area? Many thanks.

Botox for brows

+2
  • You have a lovely face and eyebrows - but it's fine to want to improve a little if something bothers you.
  • Botox can lift the brows in 2 ways - lifting the out 1/3 which you do not need. You have a lovely arch.
  • Or lifting the inner brow by weakening the corrugators.
  • If you do not like the inner 1/3 of your brow, have about 8 units of Botox between the brows into the corrugators.You should get a little lift. Best wishes.

You do not need Botox

+2
You have beautiful face and should not do any thing at this time. You should be happy that you been blissed with a beautiful face no treatment needed at this time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How much of a brow lift can botox alone achieve?

+2
The posted photo shows a very attractive young female. I do not think you need much elevation of the brow. But BOTOX can elevate it a few mm's... 

Botox can give as much as a 6 mm brow lift

+2
To achieve a brow lift with Botox Botox needs to be placed in the mid forehead brow area between the eyebrows and on each side of the upper eyelid and the upper crow's foot area.

Although the amount of brow elevation is impossible to predict I have seen some patients achieve as much as 6 mm of brow lift if they have very active upper face muscles in the frown and crows feet area.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Brow lift with Botox depends on where it is placed

+2
Botox to the forehead will lower the brow, not raise it; if placed into the crows feet area or the corrugator muscle that causes vertical furrows between the eyebrows, you can get some elevation. Make sure your injector is experienced and knows what you want for brow shaping.

Richard Baxter, MD

Brow position

+2
Based solely on your photo, it looks like your brow is in good position. Botox in general can raise it a little provided it is placed correctly.

Botox Brow Lift

+2
You appear to be very young from your picture. Your eyebrows have a nice arch to them, however they do sit a bit low towards the middle. Botox will you your brows a subtle lift in this area. It may be enough for you, but I don't think it will make much difference in the size of your forehead. Another option would be to do Ultherapy on your brows. It provides more of a brow lift than Botox does, but once again it wont make much of a difference in the size of your forehead. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

+2
I agree with Dr. Weiner that Botox typically creates a very subtle lift in the brows. However, I actually think you have very pretty brows and that they are well positioned. For people who complain of a high forehead, forehead reduction is typically the best option. Other options such as wearing bangs can also make a significant impact. However, I don't think that raising your brows is the right answer if your main concern is the length of your forehead. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow and Botox

+1
Botox can lift the shape of the brow, eyebrows and forehead compared to the rest of the face.  Your photo shows a beautiful perfectly structured eyebrow shape and brow and I am concerned you may be unhappy after Botox.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox broadest

+1
I think you have a great result with Botox brow lift. If corrected injected can give you great natural result without the operated look. I certainly think that looking at your picture he was greatly benefits from it.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon