Will Brow Lift Help Asian Eyes Pop out More?

Thank you for your replies to my previous post. I'm in the impression that my surgeon is getting me to have a Brow lift.

She explained a small cuts would be done right below eyebrow line towards the tip to remove excess skins & fats and will have little effects on scars but will require embroidery 3 months later as eyebrow hair might not grow.

I wish to get this done without any double eyelid. Is unnatural on those asian eyes. Would I look fine and will my eye looks pop out since Asian has flat feature? Thanks.

Do not touch your eye brow

+4

Your eye brow is high and if you pull it higher, you will have a surprised look. Get a second opinion and make sure your doctor understands the look that you desire.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift for Asian eye

+3

I would agree with my colleagues that your brows hold a reasonale position and do not need elevation and the procedure you describe is not a common approach for surgical correction of the brow.

Browlift in Asian Eyes

+2

An incision below the brow will not lift the brow unless suture or endotine fixation is used. The embroidery (is that tattooing?) can be avoided with incisions in a different location. Please send pictures and a description of your surgery post-op.

Brow lift may not be the answer

+2

The description of the procedure is not typical. A direct brow lift will have incisions just above the brow, not below.

This would not be an appropriate procedure for you, anyway. An eyelid procedure would have a scar in your eyelid crease or would create a crease. It is possible that a brow lift with incisions behind the scalp hairline would be helpful, but you and your surgeon should see if that would put your eyebrows up too high.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Brow Lift and Asian Eyes

+1

Make sure your surgeon understands that you still want your eyes to have an Asian appearance. From your description, it sounds like a direct brow lift only incisions ("cuts") below your brow will not lift it. Are you confusing this with an upper blepharoplasty without creating a double fold? I also don't understand the use of the word "embroidery" which sounds like camouflage tattooing of your scar. Your description is valid for most typical procedures. From your picture, I can't be sure that a Brow Lift is appropriate for you. I suggest getting a second opinion from another plastic or oculoplastic surgeon.

A Brow Lift will not make Asian eyes more "pop out" more—but if over done can give you a surprised appearance. It will not make your eyes look Caucasian.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Direct brow lift

+1

It sound slike you are being offered a direct brow lift.  I would suggest with your skin to consider an endo or coronal to raise your brows.  An exam would be required to determine this, and it may help open your eyes a bit.

Browlift and Asian eyes

+1

A browlift will not make the Asian eyes more distinguishable. A browlift will simply elevate low eyebrows. Most Asians do not have low eyebrows. The browlift incisions are made either at or behind the hairline. Trimming of the scowling muscles, as well as raising the eyebrows and softening the vertical and horizontal lines of the forehead are all done at the same time.