Brow Lift Anchors Did Not Hold - What Treatments Will Remedy the Loose Skin?

Doctor says forehead anchor points after coronal brow lift didn't hold. Now eyes are too close to brow & have a "mean look, w/ eye bruising near nose.

It's hard to wear eye shadow with new loose skin above eyes. Upper blepharoplasty not advised by 3 plastic surgeons before this surgery. Is it normal for bruising in inner eye area near nose 8 wks. after? I do not wish to do surgery again, but will time heal this or would laser, upper blepharoplasty or an endoscopic at "anchor points" help?

Coronal Brow Lift Anchor Points

+1

Typically the coronal brow lift is anchored at the closure not artificially with endotines or the like as in the case of endoscopic surgery.

Anchor points loose after Brow Lift

+1

I've performed Coronal Brow Lifts for over 20 years and they do not require, nor use anchor points to hold up the eyebrows...that's the point of doing a Coronal Brow Lift vs an Endoscopic one that uses anchor points....the former works because excess scalp is trimmed and that's why the eyebrows stay lifted, vs the latter that's prone to laxity post-op if anchor points give way.

If you've been advised not to have an upper eyelid surgery, it's likely because the upper eyelid fullness is due to a low eyebrow alone and not from excess upper eyelid skin.  Healing will not raise the eyebrows against gravity and after a year, or so you will most likely require a formal, properly performed Coronal Brow Lift.  Sorry, wish I had better news.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Forehead lift and continued droopy eyelids

+1

Thereare several reasons for this. The sutures or tightening mechanism used didn't hold or the forehead skin was not released completely or not pulled tightly. Lastly, there was excess upper eyelid skin that needed excision to achieve the desired result. Scar tissues can also reduce the amount of lift performed.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon