Brow/forehead Lift Completed in December/now Have Bulging Muscle Upper Forehead?

I am 47 years old, female and had a facelift, lower lift, cheek lift and forehead lift. Everything really does look great for the most part. The Forehead lift also looks good on the brow area. The issue I'm concerned about is above my brow area it indents in now and then above on both sides, but more on the left there is a muscle or bump above that. I wear bangs now, so it covers it, but I know it's there and if swimming it looks odd. It's been 5 months post surgery.

Bump in forehead

+1

It could be many things Some doctors score the frontalis muscle. It could be an internal fixation device that slipped (they dissolve)

Bump on brow after lift

+1

If you have swelling above the brow after a brow lift, you may have had an endotine device placed via the upper bleph approach.  This would result in swelling above the brow where the device was placed.  These are made of poly L glactic acid which should dissolve and not be noticeable with time.  Again, this depends on the type of lift you had.  Your surgeon should be able to counsel you further. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lift with a bump.

+1

I would need to see a photo to give you a proper opinion.  Otherwise it is just a guess and not worth much. 

A photo would be really helpful here.

+1

At 5 months, everything should be serene and calm after a forehead lift.  I assume you have discussed the situation with your surgeon.  It may be that in healing, you has fat loss or some other issue.  It might be as simple as placing HA filler like Restylane to improve the contour issue.  WIthout a photograph it is not possible to be more specific.

Forehead bulges 5 months after lift.

+1

It seems a little late to have residual swelling, but there could be some bunching of muscle or deep tissue that may need a little revision. This is speculative as a personal examination would give much more information as to the reason for the bulge. I would recommend you contact your surgeon to discuss this issue.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Dents in forehead after browlift

+1

It's impossible to tell without seeing what your are talking about. It might be where some suspension or fixation sutures were placed. Check in with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD