Botox to Correct Brow / Eye Asymmetry w/o Affecting Hairline?

I would like to correct eyebrow asymmetry that also makes one eye look smaller. However, it's just the inside part of the brow seems too low. I do not want any kind of procedure that will affect my hairline in front or on the side. I've been told Botox may help but I want something permanent. Is there anything that can be done without touching the hairline? Thanks

Botox to Correct Brow Asymmetry

+2

Botox and Dysport can be used to effectively correct brow asymmetry, the effects however are temporary and typically last about 3 to 4 months.  There are several other more longer lasting or permanent  treatments.  Fillers, such as Restylane, can be injected into the area to correct the asymmetry and can last between 6-12 months.  Permanent  surgical options include an upper lid Blepharoplasty and brow lift.  It would be best to be evaluated by a board-certified physician to assess which option would correct the problem.  Good luck.

Annapolis Dermatologist

Brow Asymmetry Corrected with Botox Cosmetic

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Brow asymmetry can be managed quite effectively with the use of Botox Cosmetic or a comparable chemodenervation agent. The results will, of course, be temporary. Additionally, keep in mind that the FDA has only approved Botox for the management of glabellar furrows, thus its use for brow shaping is purely off-label and up to the discretion of your plastic surgeon. 

Permanent solutions to your problem would include an endoscopic browlift as well as the use of an Endotine fixation device, both of which produce excellent results without distorting the natural hairline. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Botox for eyebrow asymmetry is temporary

+1

Your only permanent solution would be surgical.  You should consult a plastic surgeon for assessment and discussion of potential procedures and scarring.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and asymmetry

+1

Lisa Kates, MD answered this as I would have. It's very difficult to assess what you are describing, without seeing you in person but consulting with a reputable and well-trained injector and/or plastic surgeon in your area is your first step.

Sam Naficy, MD

You have many options, but first try Botox

+1

If you get a good result with Botox (or an equivalent) you may be pleased to continue.  It usually does not take much to correct brow height which makes it cost effective.  You will than also see how long the effect lasts.

There are several surgical techniques that do not or very little change the hairline.

• direct brow lift with an incision just at the junction of the brow and forehead. (This works especially well if you have a wrinkle along the edge of the brow.
  • An asymmetrical brow lift with the incision behind the hairline so that the visible change in the hairline is usually impossible to see

I am less pleased with the endo-tine type of lift for asymmetrical brows, but some surgeons feel they are successful.

see a Plastic Surgeon with a background in endoscopic forehead surgery as well as Botox.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be used to change brow symmetry

+1

Botox can be used to change brow symmetry. But any change in the brow symmetry can effect the hairline.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Shaping eyes and brows nonsurgically?

+1

Botox is more than a wrinkle treatment. If you know the underlying anatomy you can shape they eyelids including opening up an eye or raise and/or lower a brow. Remember, you get what you pay for so dont price shop too much!  Your physician's qualifications and experience are the most important things to consider.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Brow position

+1

Botox can do al ot of things. It can help to elevate of lower the brow temporarily.  Other options are surgery.

Brow position can be surgically or noninvasively fixed

+1

Non-invasive treatment of an asymmetric brow may be accomplished but usually not to the same extent as surgery. In addition, of course, the non-invasive treatment doesn't last as long as surgery usually. If you did Thermage for tightening and elevation, fillers near the eyebrow for augmentation and improved support and Botox near the glabella for elevation, the final result will still not be as good as surgery.  A brow lift might be able to be done in a limited fashion tailored to lift only that portion of the area that is asymmetric. Brow lifts used to be done in one of three levels...1. at the eyebrow, 2. the mid forehead, and 3. the anterior scalp hairline.  It might be possible that a plastic surgeon would consider focal lifting at the level of the eyebrow and only that portion of the eyebrow that needs elevation. The scar might be hidden at the upper or lower margin of the eyebrow but you would have to be seen in person for a consultation to see if this were possible.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Correction of Eyebrow Asymmetries

+1

Botox is an excellent, minimally invasive solution, to correct slight asymmetries of the brow.  Routine injections will provide a mild lift to the eyebrow to help correct your problem, if the imbalance is slight.  As you stated this is not a permanent solution.  A permanent solution would be an endoscopic browlift.  This type of browlift is performed through tiny incisions placed behind the hairline, thus there is no alteration or scarring at the hairline.  I would first suggest consultation to determine the cause of the brow asymmetry.  If other problems such as eyelid ptosis(droopy eyelid), are not present, then an endoscopic browlift will provide the permanent correction you are looking for.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado.

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon