Brow Drop with Botox and Lid Lift with Fillers?

male model (23) .My brow arches a little and is too high + slightly heavy Upper lids. To straighten my brow I would likely have to also raise it using to avoid a heavy lid if using botox alone. Could botox be used to drop the brow + straighten it (dermatologist checked anatomy said it is possible but would have heavy lids) and then use filler into the brow area to lift some of the excess skin? I'm seeking a more masculine look. Have alternatives? I've been deemed as not having body dysmorphia

Botox and Juvederm for Facial Perfection

+2

I like the combo, because you want more of a masculine look.  The filler could help define the arch of the brow (more masuline) while lifting the excess skin and the botox could lift up the arch when properly placed.  You need an expert with both before you allow someone to  inject.  Find an Allergan Platinum or higher injector in your area, that does not sell Botox for $8 unit.  The latter type of places are NOT where you want to go, I am always correcting their work. My point, is find someone who specializes in cosmetic facial plastic or cosmetic dermatology for the best results!  Good Luck.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Contouring the brow with Botox and fillers

+2

You do seem to have a great understanding of how fillers and Botox work. Botox will keep muscles from moving. The brow has a "push me-pull you" type of interaction with facial muscles--some bring the brow down and others pull it up. Using Botox to "turn off" the lifters will allow the depressors to work unopposed and pull the brow down. You would need Botox placed in the forehead muscle in order to accomplish this.

However, men tend to have low brows at baseline and dropping the brow even more can accentuate the fullness of the upper lid skin. Fillers aren't really used to lift lid skin, but can be placed just under the tail of the eyebrow to give a bit of lateral lift. This will not tighten up the lid skin much, so proceed with caution.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for brow drop and lid lift

+2

A picture would be helpful to give you the best advice.  It is possible to use Botox to lower the brow, but your dermatologist is correct in that it most likely would cause some heaviness of the upper eyelid.  You can also use a filler near the brow that can help to raise it and the eyelid somewhat.  I'm not sure why you would do both though, as the Botox would be lowering your brow and the filler would be raising it.  They would have opposing effects.  Having a brow that is too high tends to feminize the face.  Again, a picture would be helpful to determine what treatment might make your face appear more masculine.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifting the Lid with Fillers after Botox Induced Brow Descent?

+1

Botox can be used to lower the brow in the manner you asked.  However, filler to lift the skin and hooding effect following the induced ptosis would not be an option I would consider. 

Botox and filler

+1

It is possible to achieve the look you wish with Botox and filler.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is an experienced injector.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Brow position

+1

Brow position can be manipulated with a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport..  Fillers can also change the position. Without an exam, it is difficult to tell what could be done for you.

Botox and facial rejuvenation

+1

It is best to have an assessment in person, or minimally consider posting a few pictures to help better understand what you are referring to.

Sam Naficy, MD