Brow Bone Reduction/orbital Ridge Always Includes Metal,screws?

When only shaving back is not enough and reconstruction of the orbital ridge is a fact; I guess that osteotomie is the case then? Does it always included plates,metal & screws? I have heard that one surgeon said it should always be done without metal/screws and the other said it's not even possible without metal/screws. And are the plate/screws forever? Would the orbital ridge/sinus be a soft/fragile spot forever? What about infections,rust etc after everything is closed?

Brow bone reduction without screws.

+1

I have never had to use plates or screws   The bone can be shaved even as I have done for 35 years. 

Forehead softening

+1

Softening of the forehead and getting rid of the supra-orbital ridge, supraorbital bossing, can ve softened by contouring the bone only. No metal scews or plates is needed.

Depending on the shape of the forehead other methods can be used as well. Get an in person consult