Is my Expectation Real? (photo)

I am considering Rhinoplasty but I don't want to go through this long staking process if what I would like isn't even possible with what I have. I have a short wide nose and I would like it to be more narrow and longer. I put my wish pics up along with mines. Is this a realistic want?

Rhinoplasty and skin thickness

+1

While some of those pictures are reasonable, it would be very difficult to get your nose as narrow and long as them. The main reason being the skin thickness. The skin soft tissue envelope is the limiting factor and while you can achieve some narrowing and projection, it is unlikely to be quite as much as some of those pictures. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

Your short wide nose can be made narrower, longer, and better defined but you cannot achieve the "wish" look because of the thickness of your skin which cannot be reduced by your surgeon. Consult with an experienced surgeon so your expectations are realistic.

Realistic Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

I don't think it is completely realistic to expect your nose to end up like what your goal is. Your nose has a different structure to start with and thicker skin. A more realistic expectation with your rhinoplasty is to have a result that is halfway between what you have now and what your ideal goal is in terms of being narrower and longer. Knowing that outcome should help you decide whether rhinoplasty is worth it for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Is my Expectation Real?

+1

Not really but you have the opportunity to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded docs to fully understand what is achievable. 

Is my Expectation Real? (photo)

+1

The desired results you post wouldn't look as good on your face as they do on faces that own those noses.  You know what you want, a more narrow nose (nostrils, tip, and top), and slightly longer nose with tip turned slightly skyward and feminized.  If well done, yours will look better on you than your desired result pix, and will be most beautiful, natural, and attractive.

Steve Laverson, MD

Is my Expectation Real?

+1

Yes, it is, but you need some especial surgery, it is not only a rhino surgery, but also all the tissue around the nose, more surgery, but better result.

Translation provided by doctor:

Si, pero necesita una cirugia especial, no es solo una operacion de nariz, sino tambien tratar todos los tejidos alrrededor de la nariz, mas cirugia, pero mejor resultado. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Is my Expectation Real?

+1

There are some limitations in achieving the wish pic such as skin envelope thickness and overall volume of the preoperative nose and ability of the skin to contour to the new underlying framework.  However, your result can be close to the picture but probably not quite that narrow.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

There are limitations as to what can be expected by a rhinoplasty.

+1

The photograph demonstrates an ethnic nose which probably cannot yield the result shown with the accompanying pictures of the desired result. A personal exam would be necessary to finalize opinion. You should visit a competent plastic surgeon with the photographs of the desired result.