Can Scarring From Lipo Affect The Removal Of Fat For Another Procedure?

I just had a BBL Lift done with lipo to the abdomen, inner thighs and flanks. It was done 9/6/2013 I don't like the results I know that I have to wait at least 6 to 9 months to see the actual results but I feel it's not going to change any so I'm thinking of a round 2 in May. But will the scaring from this procedure affect the results of the second one? I'm submitting a before and after picture!

Revisionary Surgery

+1

Revision liposuction of commonly done but can make fat harvesting a little more difficult if you are looking to add more volume to your buttocks. That said, I have done many BBLs on patients who have had liposuction before and gone on to acheive excellent results. I would meet with a PS in your area with similar experience and go from there.

Can scarring from Lipo affect the removal of fat for another procedure?

+1

It is not uncommon to have to re-operate on a previously liposuctioned area. While it is a bit more challenging it is a very common procedure. The results after a second BBL are usually very good result.Consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

The revision Brazilian buttlift will be more challenging, but I perform these every week and get nice improvements.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat harvesting

+1

Fat harvesting a second time can be a bit more difficult due to scarring. But it is 'doable." Good luck.